Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Cheaper to hire a hitman. Make it look like he fell off a bar stool. 

or got his head caught in some metal gates😀

This could be complete BS, but a guy I work with says that McCormack was paid off by Villa after he couldn't get a game at Motherwell. I work with a few people that drink at a place that McCormack often drinks in (shock), and this info has apparently come from people in that pub that know McCormack.

It sounds like tittle tattle, but it'd be great if true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Me either. I’d question why we hadn’t announced it, if it was. The only reason I can think of, is that Villa might have not wanted to announce anything slightly controversial (essentially cutting a contract short due to a player being unfit) during our good run of wins.

18 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Me either. I’d question why we hadn’t announced it, if it was. The only reason I can think of, is that Villa might have not wanted to announce anything slightly controversial (essentially cutting a contract short due to a player being unfit) during our good run of wins.

Perhaps due to the state (alleged) of Ross's mind, the player himself didnt want anything announced and more wanted to slip into the background.

• Like 1

On 31/05/2019 at 19:08, Rob182 said:

This could be complete BS, but a guy I work with says that McCormack was paid off by Villa after he couldn't get a game at Motherwell. I work with a few people that drink at a place that McCormack often drinks in (shock), and this info has apparently come from people in that pub that know McCormack.

It sounds like tittle tattle, but it'd be great if true.

I wouldn't think McCormack would want to hang around Brum if he was paid out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Nzogbia, Beye, Richards now this donkey. Surely other clubs get mugged as well, cant be just Villa 

I actually think we do have it a bit worse. We’ve been in a position where we’ve had cash that our immediate rivals could only dream of and have totally mismanaged it through boards with little to no experience in what to do with it. So we’ve ended up with players that are better than what our rivals could hope for but who never really wanted to play for Villa but were nonetheless wooed here by massive paycheques and nothing more, and it just hasn’t worked. We’ve comfortably had some of the games worse owners.

I don’t believe for a second that the likes of Richards, McCormack etc. probably could have secured a PL move but didn’t because 1) we offered way more money and 2) they’re not motivated by football, so why not just join the team who offers all the money regardless of what league they’re in. I bet their agents couldn’t believe their luck when the Villa came calling...

Maybe goes some way to confirming the fact Ross isn't that arsed about the money (or anything) anymore - if the rumours of his personal life being in tatters are true.
Nobody who chooses to sit in a working mans pub 12 hours a day getting aled up is living the high life.

I presume he has walked away with less than the value remaining on his deal.

Â