Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, VillaJ100 said:

If there's 4 mil in it chuck him on he'll probably play like Ronaldo

By all accounts he likes to sit in run down old men's social clubs all day and get pissed up. He isn't out living the high life with all this money and doesn't strike me as that kind of guy.

So he's in for a pay rise and a bonus if we go up? I guess some analysis will have to be done on the cost of tearing his contract up now vs allowing his payrise and bonus to kick in. You also have to worry about the impact of having someone on such high wages/ bonuses around, so from that POV far healthier for the club to tear up the contract asap.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So he's in for a pay rise and a bonus if we go up? I guess some analysis will have to be done on the cost of tearing his contract up now vs allowing his payrise and bonus to kick in. You also have to worry about the impact of having someone on such high wages/ bonuses around, so from that POV far healthier for the club to tear up the contract asap.

Unfortunately there are two parties in a contract, and unless he is doing something thats a sackable offence then hes entitled to sit on it.............. the fact is, why would he take a pay off now, as if he waits a week, it might be a completely different pay off if we win the golden egg on monday

47 minutes ago, Adbo9 said:

Unfortunately there are two parties in a contract, and unless he is doing something thats a sackable offence then hes entitled to sit on it.............. the fact is, why would he take a pay off now, as if he waits a week, it might be a completely different pay off if we win the golden egg on monday

I can't see how essentially making yourself unavailable for selection is not gross misconduct.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Only thing I would do is force him to train with the kids. Make his life as miserable as possible. Otherwise he can let us tear up his contract. 

That’s unfair on the kids! Let him train in the park on his own he chooses to actually train rather than lead our youth astray ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Killeen30 said:

Hey from Bosko!

Habib Beye and Charles N'Zogbia send their regards..

- Paid a combined £12m in transfer fees and they drained us further for a combined £24m in wages over the duration of their contracts!   

Ross has cost us approx £20m alone in fees and wages so far and I have seen him play for us once.  Eye watering.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 2

On 03/04/2019 at 20:52, Dave J said:

The issue I take with you and others re: McCormack BFHV is this.

Its really very easy to call out McCormacks playing  achievements since Bruce bombed him out. Clearly it's not difficult to highlight how his career has nosedived since this point in time.

i very much doubt you will find a villa fan - who expects to see him in a Villa shirt once more. This however does not change my view that Bruce could and should have handled the situation better  right from the start.

But no - in typical old school style - he threw him under the bus along with £12 million pounds of club money ( great foresight this ).

Finally the olive branch that you and @Stevo985 love to ridicule - could have played a role in McCormack's rehabilitation - although I acknowledge that following McCormacks return from his first stint in Oz and subsequent spell of gardening leave - the olive branch was literally a twig.

Yes McCormack needs to take  a very  long hard look at himself - but don't fool yourself that Bruce walks away from this - with his head held high.

Dave, I have to say that is a stereotype view of the man as a whole that has found its way to this specific subject......Unless you really know the full circumstances it would be wise not to take sides.

Personally, I have no idea whatsoever, what transpired between the two, but clearly there was a breakdown in communication....It takes 2 to tango and rarely is one party totally at fault and the other totally blameless....its about getting the best out of each other and it seems that failed here.

I equally have no idea, if Ross has medical issues, but you would imagine other clubs that he has gone to, would know or be aware, if he had.

I think there has to be a limit or a line, where any manager can go no further....after all they are football managers not social workers and have a whole range of topics to deal with( albeit a bit of many things goes in to being a football or any other manager) that is not to say they have no responsibilities to their staff, they do.

I think the Ross McCormack case is regretful and possibly a result of changing too many staff that were responsible for recruitment and due diligence was not carried out correctly. I feel for the present administration and if I knew more ,maybe the player too.

Its another example of Aston Villa also being the victim.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, blunther said:

If sitting around all day getting pissed isn't a breach of his contract, I really have to question who's writing our contracts!

Thats the way it is, if villa have told him to stay away, then hes not in breach of contract.  As long as he turns up when Villa ask, and does as Villa ask then hes not in any breach of contract.........  Only when he doesn't do as the club ask, is he in breach of contract

Im sure the club will have gone through the legal wranglings to attempt to find a way out of it, if they cant, then its cheaper and easier on the cash flow to just let him see out his deal and not show his face.  A pay - off still means were paying him, as hell want his contract payed up in full to walk away, so were not saving anything - well just be paying him it all now upfront, rather than monthly.......... the club wont do that unless he would negotiate down a lot.......... but who would do that when you're legally entitled............. 

16 hours ago, TRO said:

Dave, I have to say that is a stereotype view of the man as a whole that has found its way to this specific subject......Unless you really know the full circumstances it would be wise not to take sides.

Personally, I have no idea whatsoever, what transpired between the two, but clearly there was a breakdown in communication....It takes 2 to tango and rarely is one party totally at fault and the other totally blameless....its about getting the best out of each other and it seems that failed here.

I equally have no idea, if Ross has medical issues, but you would imagine other clubs that he has gone to, would know or be aware, if he had.

I think there has to be a limit or a line, where any manager can go no further....after all they are football managers not social workers and have a whole range of topics to deal with( albeit a bit of many things goes in to being a football or any other manager) that is not to say they have no responsibilities to their staff, they do.

I think the Ross McCormack case is regretful and possibly a result of changing too many staff that were responsible for recruitment and due diligence was not carried out correctly. I feel for the present administration and if I knew more ,maybe the player too.

Its another example of Aston Villa also being the victim.

TRO - you haven't really said anything differently to me.

Although I would argue - you lean towards Bruce's slant of this sorry saga.

McCormack is not a victim imo TRO - but to this day I believe Bruce has to show up here - that he is far from Blameless  imo again. 

Should we go up, then unless he takes a pay off it will be impossible to even give him away on a free with his new improved wages. 

Edited by Kingman

19 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I can't see how essentially making yourself unavailable for selection is not gross misconduct.

Don't get me started BFHV - you know where this will go 😀

Edited by Dave J

4 hours ago, Stockport_Villain said:

Surely to benefit from a pay rise due to a promotion you have to evidence what part you have played in that. He's done naff all.

Not if it's written in his contract. Nothing we can do I guess

• Like 1

Â