Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

On 31/05/2019 at 10:08, Rob182 said:

This could be complete BS, but a guy I work with says that McCormack was paid off by Villa after he couldn't get a game at Motherwell. I work with a few people that drink at a place that McCormack often drinks in (shock), and this info has apparently come from people in that pub that know McCormack.

It sounds like tittle tattle, but it'd be great if true.

Best find out what else he knows.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

What the **** is a variation agreement?

I imagine it's an agreement that is less than the value of his contract, but enough to convince him to leave.

• Like 2

On 02/08/2016 at 17:04, sonic_bouma said:

Lets not debate the transfer fee too much. We're using the Clark and gueye money to buy a player who has scored more goals in the past 3 seasons in the championship than anybody else. We will have the best striker in the division.

who else is better qualified to score goals for us? 22 goals and 11 assists in a shit Fulham side last season.

an absolutely brilliant signing for us.

well done Tony.

(if it comes off)

🙃

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I imagine it's an agreement that is less than the value of his contract, but enough to convince him to leave.

Says something when a man doesn't even want to clock in training every morning for a year to pick up the easiest £3m going and is happy to wave goodbye to a huge chunk of that (I presume)

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Says something when a man doesn't even want to clock in training every morning for a year to pick up the easiest £3m going and is happy to wave goodbye to a huge chunk of that (I presume)

Think that's a bit harsh.

I don't like the guy, but I hope, for his sake, it means he'd rather go to another club and actually play football.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don't like the guy, but I hope, for his sake, it means he'd rather go to another club and actually play football.

It wasn't a dig about him being lazy, more an indicement on the situation and mindset he finds himself in that he can't even face going through the motions for an easy pay check ( as many would)

Good luck to him.

Wow was shocked to see Ross moved to other football when I popped onto VT. Signed a "variation agreement" 

I assume this means he has accepted something less than the remaining value of his contract to go.  Why didn't Micah do something similar? Assume he wouldn't cut a deal. 

Or did FFP hamstring us from paying him off (less impact to keep it spread out) but we now have the freedom to just pay the lump sum). 

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

He isn’t, I think it’s the last we’ll hear of him as a professional footballer 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn’t count on it. From my trusted sources at the pub (😅) I’ve heard that he’s been in there in right states in the middle of the day at times during the season. There was mention of him having sick down himself.

13 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

See you.....

I enjoyed moving this one to other football... it’s been like Christmas this week for me! 

If ever there was a week to show just how £&@&£) little the press know about what’s happening at Villa it was this.

They’ve spent a week peddling some absolute shite such as the McCormack pay rise and then this!

Its great news and the owners and Purslow have shown they are very different people to we’ve had calling the shots previously.

As for Ross, one of our worst ever signings but he clearly has issues away from the game so I hope he finds his way through them.

You’ve been impressively quick on the trigger finger moving some of these over. I salute you! 

As for McCormack, he will be banished to the scrap heap alongside so many other failed Villa signings, and soon forgotten. 

another 70k off the weekly wage bill, we are up to somewhere in the region of 350k a week saved PER WEEK with the player releases......thats 19 MILLION A YEAR before any bonuses etc........nuts.

Â