Ross McCormack

dont_do_it_doug.

This has been bothering me and I assume I'm missing something. Why is it better to pay him a severance package (7 figs +?) at the start of the window, rather than wait out the summer to see if anyone is willing to pay us for him? Even a nominal sum would be a huge win vs paying him to go, right?

20 minutes ago, IrishVillain said:

This has been bothering me and I assume I'm missing something. Why is it better to pay him a severance package (7 figs +?) at the start of the window, rather than wait out the summer to see if anyone is willing to pay us for him? Even a nominal sum would be a huge win vs paying him to go, right?

Spoiler

there wouldn't be

• Like 1

11 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Apparently he told his ex that he terminated his contract in April.

:crylaugh:Oh, Ross, you scallywag. Spending the maintenance payments on pints of heavy and Drambuie.

And a source I've seen reckons his pay off is of the order of around £2.5m and we've saved ourselves at least the same again by getting rid on those terms - because of a promotion salary uplift clause, presumably.

19 hours ago, rbcuk said:

What a waste of time this signing turned out to be, I’ll be surprised if anyone in the championship sign him, if anywhere he’ll end back up in Scotland 

As long as it is not with us.................'well beckons again.........not even sure they will want him either.

Big difference now is that Villa aren't there to pay the vast majority of his wages so he may come down to earth with a bump once he has spent his severance pay on his ex, haggis, irn bru and buckie. 😉

22 hours ago, privateer said:

And a source I've seen reckons his pay off is of the order of around £2.5m 

That's a lot of special brew. 

• 2 weeks later...
Â