Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

30 minutes ago, Richard said:

Nah not having that, he's a decent goalie 

He probably will be but he's not what we need to get out of this league. 

First half, I said to my Dad that he should have come for a cross inside the six yard box but, he didn't. Then, second half, he comes for a cross he should be nowhere near - 12 yards out! 

• Like 1

Awful for their first goal. 

As I said earlier in this thread though,  like most foreign keepers you will see him flap at crosses and corners more so than a British keeper. . I don't know why this is,  British keepers just generally seem better equipped for it,  they probably get much more experience in their formative years. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

First half, I said to my Dad that he should have come for a cross inside the six yard box but, he didn't. Then, second half, he comes for a cross he should be nowhere near - 12 yards out! 

He is slow to get aerial balls, this is something I've observed even when it hasn't cost us. 

I'm currently agnostic on upgrading him in January. Probably more important positions for us to spend on, including a centre-back. 

1 minute ago, villarocker said:

If he stands still, the guy has a free header and scores anyway.  It's a rock and a hard place situation, with a decision to make in a split second.  Hence the delay in getting off his line.

Harsh to criticise him for it IMO.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Costing us too many goals, needs to replaced IMO. 

He has also made great saves which have gained us points, if a few people got their way in VT we would have no players left to field a team cos we would have sold everyone. 

• Like 4

Bad error for the 1st goal but he has learned from his errors earlier in the season and I'm sure he will improve and learn from tonight. I like him and think he will be a top keeper but I would be happier with a more solid experienced goalie in goal for us for now. 

He's got a lot of potential but I'd like to swap him for an experienced keeper while we are chasing promotion. Sure an 'experienced' keeper will make mistakes too, but over a season I think Gollini is going to cost us more points. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bobzy said:

Nah, not at all.  First goal is a defensive mistake from Elphick IMO - completely lost his man.  The option is either leave Roofe with a free header or try and impact him - Gollini went to impact it and failed.  Second goal is terrible from Jedinak.

No chance. that was 100% gollinis fault. he hesitated to come out and then when he did he completely missed. very poor goal keeping.  he also at one point didn't come out when amavi was screaming at me him to

That's two games were we have enough lost because of his blunders

Â