Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

I watched the game, there was no howler. First goal was a freak deflection which went into the top corner - no keeper in the world would have saved.

2nd goal was a low shot which he got his hands to but it crept inside the post, had it gone other side of the post it would have been a great save - narrow margins

3rd goal he made a good save from the initial header, but now rooted on the floor he could do nothing about the rebound shot into the roof of the net.

just saw the goals on dailymotion. 

1st goal - i agree.

2nd goal - think he could have done better personally. Wasnt a strong shot.. a man of his size and ability should have kept that out. 

3rd goal - i agree.. this one is hard to blame him for.. could blame the defenders for not reacting quicker. If he had caught it he falls in the goals anyway. 

FWIW, on my FM2017 Berwick save (irrelevant, but basically I'm not Villa), he moved to Arsenal in the summer of 2018, is their first choice keeper and is worth £11.25m.

Basically, that means he's obviously awesome. B)

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont want to have a go at the lad but I think he needs to become more commanding and positive on set-pieces. recent games he seems rooted to his line

Flaps at corners and crosses

On 11/20/2016 at 19:52, sne said:

Must be fun knowing that however good he performs in the future he'll have teen sensation Donnarumma in front of him should ever Buffon decide to retire from international duty.

Perin, Sportiello, Donnarumma, Scuffet, Sirigu, Viviano, Marchetti. Italy won't exactly be stuck for a keeper when Gigi eventually hangs his gloves up!. On Gollini, I think the Juve links are completely OTT atm. According to today's Birmingham Mail he's been in "scintillating form". Imo, his performances have picked up a bit recently, but I'd still be happy to see an experienced number one bought in January to compete for the jersey. If nothing else it would eliminate the Bunn factor!

• Like 1

I think he's mostly been decent all season. I agree he's gotten better lately, but even in the early days half of it was down to Elphick and his nonsense defending. No surprise there's been less defensive issues with him out of the side.

• Like 2

Can't see why anyone has a problem with him.  He'll make mistakes, every goalkeeper will make mistakes, but for the most part he's a good goalkeeper and an exciting prospect.

I'd like to see him (continue to) get all the game time in the world, so we have a solid first choice keeper for at least a decade.

• Like 3

I was quite concerned earlier in the season but for sure he has come on in leaps and bounds. Like most foreign keepers he will punch and parry more than I would like but he has nailed down his place for me now. 

• Like 3

So he has confirmed he wants a goal keeper. Now do we buy an experienced number 1 and let Gollini learn.. or a capable back up keeper who would be willing to move to be no.2 in the championship 

Really hope this is just about wanting a new #2 as they feel Bunn is too expensive to sit on the bench in the Championship.

Hope Bruce knows what he's doing and not just putting unnecessary pressure on our young keeper going into the hectic December/January period.

Â