Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

He might have done better for the goal as it wasn't the most powerful strike in the world but he is looking a lot more impressive now. The quick clearance that got Adomah killed was excellent too.

To be fair, it did cop a deflection.

think his timing for coming off his line and smothering 1v1 chances has been really impressive, could be a hangover from huddersfield but his timing coming off his line for helping his defenders can be better and theres still times where we put it out for a throw rather than pass it to him (might be his english, not sure how good it is) shot stopping is fine, set pieces, commanding his box and the intelligence and accuracy when kicking are maybe a bit inconsistent but should improve with experience, id like to think that after the start he had he wont have dips in form because of confidence either

looks a good buy and id say another that after the game when he's clapping the fans etc looks like he's enjoying himself here

Really like the look of this guy.  Seems very composed and that will only get better with experience.  His 'mistakes' earlier in the season were never down to reactions, ability, anything physical.  They were just a decision-making process and were exacerbated by the defender choosing poorly too.  He has everything in his locker to be a really good keeper and I'm not surprised about the rumours of Juventus keeping their beady eyes on him.  It's nice to feel like we've got the keeper position sorted for the foreseeable.  I haven't really had that feeling since Friedel left.

• Like 3

He also showed some bravery there jumping on the ball at Donkey Donaldson's feet. That is great to see, but also a bit of a worry. That's why I hope we get a decent back up keeper in January, because perish the thought if he gets injured.

On 11/2/2016 at 22:08, VillaChris said:

Only query with the goal.....when the initial cross came in why didn't he dive with his hands rather than kicking it which went straight to Davis.

Maybe not great positioning?

Be interested to see how he works with Walsh.

Yes, didn't really get this at the time. 

Getting a lot of stick for his performance, it was 2-2 when I started watching, can't make my mind up on the 3rd goal, it's a free header 4 yards out, he can't catch it cos he'll be over the line, he'll struggle to push it away cos it's straight at him, defence absolutely nowhere

The good save he made at the feet of Hughes will be completely ignored 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Getting a lot of stick for his performance, it was 2-2 when I started watching, can't make my mind up on the 3rd goal, it's a free header 4 yards out, he can't catch it cos he'll be over the line, he'll struggle to push it away cos it's straight at him, defence absolutely nowhere

The good save he made at the feet of Hughes will be completely ignored 

True, has to push it out. In balance although I like Golini he should gave done more for the second, got his hands the wrong way round.

I watched the game, there was no howler. First goal was a freak deflection which went into the top corner - no keeper in the world would have saved.

2nd goal was a low shot which he got his hands to but it crept inside the post, had it gone other side of the post it would have been a great save - narrow margins

3rd goal he made a good save from the initial header, but now rooted on the floor he could do nothing about the rebound shot into the roof of the net.

Â