Pierluigi Gollini

BOF

6 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

What has Gollini done wrong lately which has led to talk of him being replaced?

A senior goalkeeper who can push him for a first team place is a great idea but I wouldn't be actively looking to replace him. Seems rather unnecessary. 

I think the horror of potentially see Bunn between the sticks again is the main motivation for strengthening. I think most fans are happy with Gollini and are just worried about the back up. 

9 hours ago, skarroki said:

Konstantopoulos at Middlesbrough

McGregor at Hull (not playing and signed by Bruce I believe)

Given??

I thnk McGregor got a bad injury during the summer though not sure if he will get ahead of Marshall on his return

Given? I rather bring back Gabor Kiraly

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Shite for the second goal too, point blank cost us this match, get rid. 

Nah, not at all.  First goal is a defensive mistake from Elphick IMO - completely lost his man.  The option is either leave Roofe with a free header or try and impact him - Gollini went to impact it and failed.  Second goal is terrible from Jedinak.

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Nah, not at all.  First goal is a defensive mistake from Elphick IMO - completely lost his man.  The option is either leave Roofe with a free header or try and impact him - Gollini went to impact it and failed.  Second goal is terrible from Jedinak.

Shite for both goals end of story.

How can anyone blame the keeper when he's facing up two forwards? What is he supposed to do? He's clearly in two minds of the sideways pass. You simply can't blame him that a midfielder isn't able to make a 5 yard pass.

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

He came off his line in slow motion. He bottled it

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

How can anyone blame the keeper when he's facing up two forwards? What is he supposed to do? He's clearly in two minds of the sideways pass. You simply can't blame him that a midfielder isn't able to make a 5 yard pass.

Save the poor shot that was straight at him.

Just now, limvillian said:

He came off his line in slow motion. He bottled it

Yeah, I don't disagree with that.  But as I said, it's not a goalkeeping error - the error is the defender letting his man run in behind.  Could Gollini have done better afterwards?  Sure.

• Like 3

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Save the poor shot that was straight at him.

You're not getting it.

His eyes have to be on the wide open forward to the left of him and the striker. It's no surprise he doesn't get more on the shot when he has two Leeds players in scoring positions.

I don't think you can ever blame the keeper when he's caught 2v1. Being way too hard on him. Didn't see the first goal yet so can't comment.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

You're not getting it.

His eyes have to be on the wide open forward to the left of him and the striker. It's no surprise he doesn't get more on the shot when he has two Leeds players in scoring positions.

I don't think you can ever blame the keeper when he's caught 2v1. Being way too hard on him. Didn't see the first goal yet so can't comment.

I am getting it, it was a poor shot and he should have saved it. 

He is really not very good at all and has cost us a lot this season.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Â