Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

I think they just like the drama of us failing TBH

Sadly I think you are correct. We are a big name scalp to be had for a "plucky" championship team. Same as why our cup games get shown, they know we will oblige them with a supposed upset.

On a side note, anyone else noticed that the advert for EFL football on Sky shows a lot of goals being scored against us in such a short advert. Am I being paranoid?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Sadly I think you are correct. We are a big name scalp to be had for a "plucky" championship team. Same as why our cup games get shown, they know we will oblige them with a supposed upset.

On a side note, anyone else noticed that the advert for EFL football on Sky shows a lot of goals being scored against us in such a short advert. Am I being paranoid?

Hahaa! No! I noticed this as well. I even hit rewind on the remote to go back and count the instances. Damn Sky!!!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Hahaa! No! I noticed this as well. I even hit rewind on the remote to go back and count the instances. Damn Sky!!!

Haha, glad it is not just me then.

11 minutes ago, NeilS said:

Haha, glad it is not just me then.

Haha! I say this too! Like every team is scoring against us  in that ad! I feel the commentary is so bias also, they even find a way to talk about us in the games we're not in. Like Huddersfield game, lead commentator said "I bet Joe Lolley was unhappy with the crushing defeat of Villa at the hands of Brentford, as he's a big Villa fan". Also just Don Goodman!

I dont think they appreciate Xia at all, being so honest and spending! They want it all to crumble to dust! Another crazy Far East owner!! Even though he is clearly astute, intelligent and considered. Not paranoid at all! Haha! <_<

Or maybe they don't care!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Haha! I say this too! Like every team is scoring against us  in that ad! I feel the commentary is so bias also, they even find a way to talk about us in the games we're not in. Like Huddersfield game, lead commentator said "I bet Joe Lolley was unhappy with the crushing defeat of Villa at the hands of Brentford, as he's a big Villa fan". Also just Don Goodman!

I dont think they appreciate Xia at all, being so honest and spending! They want it all to crumble to dust! Another crazy Far East owner!! Even though he is clearly astute, intelligent and considered. Not paranoid at all! Haha! <_<

Or maybe they don't care!

It does feel like they enjoy sticking the boot in. I had hoped that being in the Championship the piss taking would stop for a bit.

I was thinking during the transfer window, that if all owners were like Dr Tony then sports news channels would become almost redundant as you can get news straight from the source. No need to watch Sky sports, just follow Dr T on twitter. They cannot be happy with that to be honest. :D

• Like 2

Dropped the ball? It's not like he's making the **** decisons.. its the board decision who to go for.

Matteo was good on paper. Bruce was even better. Hardly dropping ball. Just didn't work out, yet. 

Edited by Alakagom

17 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Dropped the ball massively on his two biggest appointments to date. Do feel sorry for him, he is learning a hard lesson already.

Not sure how at the time you could say Bruce was a mistake, it was agreed as a great appointment with 90% of fans and pundits.

Even those who were against were so more for style of play and not because of results because even they thought he'd win plenty of games.

I feel sorry for Dr T, he's asked 2 managers what they need to win games and he keeps trusting and delivering.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Alakagom said:

Dropped the ball? It's not like he's making the **** decisons.. its the board decision who to go for.

Matteo was good on paper. Bruce was even better. Hardly dropping ball. Just didn't work out, yet. 

I don't think De Matteo was good on paper. Bruce was though 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alakagom said:

Not going to dig up the references again but di Matteo was appointed on his personal initiation.

Doesn't really matter who chooses the managers though, they all fail at Villa.

Edited by briny_ear

Â