Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

over ten years season ticket holder and that is the last time for me. Just can't do it anymore. I don't know how I've managed to keep going this long. Why keep going when there is 0 enjoyment in it anymore?

Cue the usual cliched bollox on twitter from the good old Doc.

He has had two managerial appointments and so far looks like he and his team have ballsed them up. Still time I know though for Bruce to turn us around. 

I had reservations regarding him and the team he appointed in wyness & Round. His grandiose pie in the sky plans, the lack of transparency regarding his wealth and Recon have worried me but he warranted my unwavering support. Now I'm questioning him and his abilities. Tough times need tough measures. Time will tell whether he is our saviour or another chancer. 

I hope it's the former. 

Edited by thabucks

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can't blame Tony for appointing Bruce, blame Bruce for **** it up.

Spot on, good appointment on paper but Bruce has screwed it up.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Cue the usual cliched bollox on twitter from the good old Doc.

He has had two managerial appointments and so far looks like he and his team have ballsed them up. Still time I know though for Bruce to turn us around. 

I had reservations regarding him and the team he appointed in wyness & Round. His grandiose pie in the sky plans, the lack of transparency regarding his wealth and Recon have worried me but he warranted my unwavering support. Now I'm questioning him and his abilities. Tough times need tough measures. Time will tell whether he is our saviour or another chancer. 

I hope it's the former. 

Wtf?

• Like 4

If you'd said at the start of the season we'd have a tough start but then we'd get Steve Bruce in and spend heavily on well regarded players, and that Kodjia would become a fairly prolific scorer, i'd assume we were right in the thick of the promotion race.

Dr Tony has done everything we could have possibly asked for when we were in the depths of despair under Lerner. He's absolutely faultless in this IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If you'd said at the start of the season we'd have a tough start but then we'd get Steve Bruce in and spend heavily on well regarded players, and that Kodjia would become a fairly prolific scorer, i'd assume we were right in the thick of the promotion race.

Dr Tony has done everything we could have possibly asked for when we were in the depths of despair under Lerner. He's absolutely faultless in this IMO.

Apart from appointing RDM which was simply a terrible decision.

• Like 1

A man who is as deluded as he is enthusiastic.

At the end of the day, if you're ranting to Stan colly more on twitter you don't have the required focus on your multi million pound business.

Ridiculously unrealistic goals being abysmally executed.

No more British managers please. Their methods are so antiquated. We need to find the next Pottechino, Koeman, Klopp. These types of manager are out there we just need to scout the world. I know some of you will refer to Garde as a not so good example but he was shit on by Lerner and his cronies and never stood a chance.

You only have to look at the Premier League to see how poorly British managers are doing compared to their foreign counterparts. Even in the Championship we have successful foreign managers at the top.

The likes of Bruce, Lambert, Warnock, Holloway, McCarthy, Pulis, Allardyce (shall I go on) are never going to have any success and we need to break out of the cycle of turgid negative football.

• Like 1

On Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 18:45, tismyk said:

I don't think he is, not when I checked

19 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

A man who is as deluded as he is enthusiastic.

At the end of the day, if you're ranting to Stan colly more on twitter you don't have the required focus on your multi million pound business.

Ridiculously unrealistic goals being abysmally executed.

I'd find it hard to have a pop at a man who has backed us to the hilt however i think he's being a bit naive and hopefully he'll learn. From his first interview when he bought us and was asked how much we'd have to spend, replying "30, 40, 50 million." Showed his hand straight away. Just say there will be funds available to the manager. Clubs knew it was a chance to take villa to the cleaners.

Â