Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

If I'm going to be a bit cynical, both our managerial appointments under Xia smacks of someone who hasn't really followed football that long or closely.

Di Matteo, he's won the CL, must be good.

Bruce, he's gotten promoted from this league before, must be good.

Obviously there were other reasons they were signed, like availability, willingness to come here and so on. But both signings are a bit lazy.

I wonder if we have people at the club who could spot someone like say Silva at Olympiacos (Hull)? or Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim.

Ewiw If Hull are relegated I hope we try and poach Silva from them.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sne said:

If I'm going to be a bit cynical, both our managerial appointments under Xia smacks of someone who hasn't really followed football that long or closely.

Obviously there were other reasons they were signed, like availability, willingness to come here and so on. But both signings are a bit lazy.

To be fair to Di Matteo, he also gained automatic promotion to the Premiership for WBA ...... and an FA Cup for Chelsea.

...... and Steve Bruce has achieved promotion to the Prem 4 times..... which is quite a few.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sne said:

I wonder if we have people at the club who could spot someone like say Silva at Olympiacos (Hull)? or Nagelsmann at Hoffenheim.

RDM yes but Bruce was recommended to the owner by Round and the rest of the board - who between them have decades of experience.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

You'd give him that much time? Madness, why give him the chance to fail? I don't know who's taking over from Bruce, but he aint won us a game yet. Future manager OUT.

But I thought my exploits on Football Manager would be enough to persuade people tha.... ok, fine :( 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ender4 said:

He hasn't failed in the Championship with Villa yet either.

As it stands, he came in and has taken us from 19th to 14th. 

He has now got some of his own players in, and i'd expect us to probably finish 8-9th at the end of the season.

Essentially he has 18 months to get us promoted. If that doesn't happen he'll probably be sacked.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Essentially he has 18 months to get us promoted. If that doesn't happen he'll probably be sacked.

yes agreed.  or we are nearing Xmas and it looks like he's not going to get promoted that season.

• Like 1

I just hope that Bruce's team is good enough for the job. The rate we have degraded as a club due to ineptitude this money from Xia is like putting a 4L V8 in a Nova/massive attack missile system on a dreadnought/top dollar versace clothes on a zombie. The new stuff is great but the decrepit carcass is still festering/rusting.

I've had enough of all these metaphors.

".....its like you....... with a ........ the a ........ is a ........."

We ARE shit. Yes that dripping/solid brown stuff that is no good for anything, stinks and is embarrassing to be a butt for all the jokes.

I'm fed up of being, watching shit and my heart hurts because of the disappointment of it all.

15 hours ago, sne said:

Not sure of the logic here... to pursue  a possible relegated manager and criticise / replace the one we have.;)

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

I've had enough of all these metaphors.

".....its like you....... with a ........ the a ........ is a ........."

We ARE shit. Yes that dripping/solid brown stuff that is no good for anything, stinks and is embarrassing to be a butt for all the jokes.

I'm fed up of being, watching shit and my heart hurts because of the disappointment of it all.

"And renew your season ticket now at Aston Villa for the 2017-18 Championship campaign"

To get time the manager has to be seen to getting the club on track. Still think bruce is our best bet - but two things niggle at me:-

1.His weakness as a manager seems be that his teams often struggle for goals 

2.Don't know why  he want for another rookie keeper - thats seems a real worry over the next few weeks.

Hope I'm wrong, but I think we are going to flounder for the remainder of this season, mainly due to point 2...

Â