Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

6 hours ago, Genie said:

I'm still puzzled what happens to players and managers once they sign on the dotted line for Villa.

they sign a big contract and say **** this I dont have to do anything at all

• Like 2

Appears to have conceded promotion this season already.

I feel for the guy. 

Hope he took note of how Brentford play. Their style would suit us especially with the personnel we have and dean smith knows how to utilize hogan (+ he's a Villa fan)

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

they sign a big contract and say **** this I dont have to do anything at all

I think there has been and still might be a bit of that mentality.

Steve must find a way to cure this.

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

A tweet about a Bruce Out banner being on display and Xia walking out after forest equalised. 

Just to add the tweet was from a pathetic Newcastle fan - would think he'd be more worried bout his own club winning sod all for 62 years ;)

• Like 2

On 04/02/2017 at 20:54, Genie said:

Not sure how at the time you could say Bruce was a mistake, it was agreed as a great appointment with 90% of fans and pundits.

Even those who were against were so more for style of play and not because of results because even they thought he'd win plenty of games.

I feel sorry for Dr T, he's asked 2 managers what they need to win games and he keeps trusting and delivering.

I dont think so much of it being a mistake to appoint him.

I think DrT, Round & Wyness (maybe BL too) made a decision out of 2 choices

1) Appoint SB because he can steady the ship and get us up this season

or

2) Go for the forward thinking modern expansive football playing "young/up and coming" manager that may need longer (next season) to get us up.

I understood the SB appointment with the premise that it worked for us this season.

As soon as the chance has gone, Bruce follows at that final whistle.

Being patient with option 2) would have been ok with me too.

Now we stand inbetween potential failure and possible failure

1) Keep Bruce so that we can "make a decision" at the end of the season

2) make a decision now so that we can afford ourselves to "make a decision" at the end of the season

- We could just live in denial by keeping SB whatever happens, then once next season is done at Xmas we can try to "win" a whole season with half a seasons games

Dear Tony Xia,

If you do by any chance read this forum.

Sometimes things just dont want to work out. No matter how you want them to and no matter how you stick to your principle beliefs of patients, time, work & money.

Here's an ancient Grashopper philosophy

Pull - Trigger - Bruce

or translated into old chinese proverb

"he who want drink pure water not take it from old lake"

20 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

or

2) Go for the forward thinking modern expansive football playing "young/up and coming" manager that may need longer (next season) to get us up.

I understood the SB appointment with the premise that it worked for us this season.

As soon as the chance has gone, Bruce follows at that final whistle.

Being patient with option 2) would have been ok with me too.

Who is that person? The young up and coming manager who creates attractive football and gets us steadily progressing  to promotion next season?

If Mr Promotion is getting the bed sheet treatment now how to you think someone with less of a CV will do?

We had Sherwood, Lambert and Garde and all were disasters because we as a club are far too impatient.

39 minutes ago, Genie said:

Who is that person? The young up and coming manager who creates attractive football and gets us steadily progressing  to promotion next season? 

Well unfortunately we cant turn  the clock back to that point in time.

So the now is a whole new situation with 18 more games/water under the bridge.

However, at the time, there was "talk" of Dean Smith (Brentford) Warburton, Wagner.

Is DrT the type of guy who when he goes for someone, goes hell bent to get him?

I'd like to think so

6 hours ago, SuffolkVillan said:

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted Aston Villa news

As we agreed to make changes in Jan window, I personally thought realistically we'd use this season 2settle everything&focus next season.

Dr

I think this tweet goes someway to explaining what appears to be an unusual 28 day complete rebuild. Normally an astute manager would look to integrate new additions one by one in the main thereby retaining team structure. As we have no team structure it seems the decision has been made to give up on play offs this year and use remaining season to build team strategy and cohesion ready for strong start next year. I for one absolutely think this is the best way forward and hopefully as we see the team playing more as a team going forward the poisonous negtivity will subside.

If hard work on the training ground can establish a good "unit" then just a top keeper in the summer might be all that is required. I prey!

I hope you're right. Either way it's a good way of trying to take a bit of pressure off Bruce and the squad. Whether it will work is another thing 

3 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Dear Tony Xia,

If you do by any chance read this forum.

Sometimes things just dont want to work out. No matter how you want them to and no matter how you stick to your principle beliefs of patients, time, work & money.

Here's an ancient Grashopper philosophy

Pull - Trigger - Bruce

or translated into old chinese proverb

"he who want drink pure water not take it from old lake"

Classy. On topic: there's no point whatsoever sacking Bruce now. That would make us look even more like a joke. Besides, he's had 2 games now with players he's chosen. Every manager deserves more time. The first 9 or so games we were one of the three form teams of the league, but as soon as we go on a bad run this place starts feeling like all the mad shit that's going on in the real world.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Grasshopper said:

Well unfortunately we cant turn  the clock back to that point in time.

So the now is a whole new situation with 18 more games/water under the bridge.

However, at the time, there was "talk" of Dean Smith (Brentford) Warburton, Wagner.

Is DrT the type of guy who when he goes for someone, goes hell bent to get him?

I'd like to think so

Just because there was "talk" of other managers doesn't mean 1) they'd be any better or 2) they would actually want to come.

• Like 1

Bruce wasn't and isn't a mistake.

If we carry on this form for a long time then I'll be on board with the Bruce Out shouts.

but I very much doubt that will happen.

We'll improve from here until the season end and be in a good position next season to be at the top of the table.

• Like 4

I would think such is the confidence in Steve Bruce in this industry we would be a REAL laughing stock if we sacked him.

No one will support a continuous run that we are currently on, but it requires the freedom for the manager to work his way through it....she has proved with us, he can get results.....but he cannot discuss all the warts he is having deal with.

I suspect,If any of us had a private one on one with him we would come away with different view.

The results and performances are depressing, he knows that and his bosses know that.

We have to get behind him in defiance and let him work it out.

2 hours ago, TRO said:

I would think such is the confidence in Steve Bruce in this industry we would be a REAL laughing stock if we sacked him.

No one will support a continuous run that we are currently on, but it requires the freedom for the manager to work his way through it....she has proved with us, he can get results.....but he cannot discuss all the warts he is having deal with.

I suspect,If any of us had a private one on one with him we would come away with different view.

The results and performances are depressing, he knows that and his bosses know that.

We have to get behind him in defiance and let him work it out.

But a man being used cannot be suspected.

Or something like that...

Â