Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

all that effort, and he employs successive pillocks who are **** shite at their job. Depressing. Yet he'll feel duty bound to stay with Bruce now until the summer, which will leave us thoroughly demoralised when we finish abjectly in 13th or some shite like that with no momentum for the next year. 

• Like 2

Dear Xia!

You seem to have an endless amount of money you are willing to spunk on Aston Villa.

May I suggest that you use some of that money on finding and hiring a proper manager who has a very specific way of how he want's his team to play, and know's how to get them to do so.

I'm sick to death of watching us act like we have no clue what to do with the ball when we are in possession.

Thank's buddy!

Your pal Jonas/SNE

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hearts in the right place, wallet is in the right place. 

Who does that sound like? I ain't putting blame on Tony here though....Steve Round takes care of that sort of shit doesn't he?? Employing managers etc. Xia is just the money and paperwork man. 

9 hours ago, R.Bear said:

I never thought I would say this but I actually feel sorry for a Villa owner.

I'm with you on this.

No way our Tone is a quitter though boys and girls. Harsh learning curve. McCormack is as bad a £10m+ signing as you can make. RDM took him for a ride. Tshibola £5m? Gollini? Bruce is a man with integrity. I think they'll sort this out between them myself.

• Like 3

If we all feel punched in the gut then Tony must feel that a whole lot more given it's his money. But, it's a learning curve, for Tony and for us - we are all new to the championship. We stand a good chance next season but certainly no guarantees of promotion then either, so I hope Tony is pacing himself!

2 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

That emotions are running high in the immediate aftermath of yet another horror show is understandable, but calling for Bruce's sacking now is the same sort of knee jerk, reactionary logic that produced Trump and Farage. 

I'd say it was more akin to the ridiculous clamour to bring in another consistent failure as manager, and think it would go well. 

Where has Bruce failed, in the Championship, exactly? and which 1 previous employer of his is better off now than while he was there? small heath, Wigan, Sunderland, Sheff U aren't. Hull he was doing no worse and took them to a Cup Final.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jon_c said:

I'd say it was more akin to the ridiculous clamour to bring in another consistent failure as manager, and think it would go well. 

Not quite sure what you are saying. My point is that making decisions based on emotions only guarantees failure. We may yet drop even further under Bruce and his opposers can feel vindicated if that happens, but he has to be given the rope first.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Lerner's Driver said:

We may yet drop even further under Bruce and his opposers can feel vindicated if that happens, but he has to be given the rope first.

I'd say

1) Gaby

2) playing Hutton

3) not buying a CB

4) not buying a DM

5) Loaning SJ

6) Tactics/playing style

7) Selections/substitions

8) Calderwood

9) Walsh

10) recent results/performances

that's enough rope surely?

5 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Where has Bruce failed, in the Championship, exactly? and which 1 previous employer of his is better off now than while he was there? small heath, Wigan, Sunderland, Sheff U aren't. Hull he was doing no worse and took them to a Cup Final.

Does it really matter all that much what he's done before!? It's the HERE and NOW that matters! 

He hasn't failed yet though, but he sure as shit isn't off to the best of starts either.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

He hasn't failed in the Championship with Villa yet either.

As it stands, he came in and has taken us from 19th to 14th. 

He has now got some of his own players in, and i'd expect us to probably finish 8-9th at the end of the season.

Edited by ender4
  • Like 3

Unlike some of our former managers who I think were just watching the wage roll in, I think Bruce actually gives a shit and will try his best to straighten us out. Whether that's good enough is yet to be seen, but I'm confident he will at least graft and try.

• Like 3

Â