Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 hours ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Instead of spending vast sums on championship level players it is time he spends a vast sum on a top manager instead. Sell it as a massive challenge to someone like Bielsa and pay him whatever he wants. 

You havnt heard have you? Not allowed to mention Bielsa's name on here..... Not unless your talking about what you want Santa to drop down the chimney. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

You havnt heard have you? Not allowed to mention Bielsa's name on here..... Not unless your talking about what you want Santa to drop down the chimney. 

I know the Bielsa ship is long since sailed, maybe one of his ambitious young disciples scattered across Europe and South America might be attainable.

Zdenek Zeman until the end of the season would also be the stuff dreams are made of also. Let him teach the coaches how to coach and how a team is set up properly to attack.

Pardew is probably what we will get though.

7 hours ago, Eastie said:

Have we outplayed anyone this season for 90 minutes? 

Nearly all games have been a decent half at best .

cant wait to play Rotherham again as that's been our only comfortable game.

I'm pretty certain that the match officials are instructed to play at least 90 minutes in each match.   

Looks like the Doctor is buying Millennium films - the american film company he was rumoured to be buying. Dont think they are top 10 or whatever the articles were saying back then.. but a significant purchase. 

Villa could be renamed to the expendables. A hugely expensive cast all thrown into one movie without a plot. Perfect fit. 

23 minutes ago, KSV said:

Looks like the Doctor is buying Millennium films - the american film company he was rumoured to be buying. Dont think they are top 10 or whatever the articles were saying back then.. but a significant purchase. 

Villa could be renamed to the expendables. A hugely expensive cast all thrown into one movie without a plot. Perfect fit. 

The expendables was mildly entertaining in parts

• Like 1

On 2/12/2017 at 14:12, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

How's he getting on with these massive business deals that were making the Villa deal look like small change? Any news on his purchase of one of the major Hollywood studios? 

2 hours ago, KSV said:

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-dr-tony-xia-12600342

Aston Villa owner Dr Tony Xia is on the verge of buying a major Hollywood film producer.

The Recon Group is reportedly in talks to buy Millenium Films, the company behind the star-studded The Expendables franchise.

The purchase would be made from Wenyuan Cable, a company that was acquired by Xia in October.

The deal is reported on Bloomberg.com , it is reported that both companies are yet to comment on the speculated takeover by Xia's company.

35 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I've already seen that, it wasn't very good.

The football scenes were dreadful, boring and poorly acted. Very realistic, I will be seeing it again soon.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I've already seen that, it wasn't very good.

Yeah, but that was the low budget Lerner version.

This one will be in 3D featuring stars like Forest Whitaker as Gabby and John Travolta as Alan Hutton.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DK82 said:

Maybe we might see a big screen adaptation of 'American Horror Story', starring Randy Lerner.

Or maybe a big screen adaptation of 'Lost'

Or perhaps a film about Lescott last season, The Walking Dead.

The dead can't drive a car....

7 hours ago, sne said:

The founder and Chairman of Millennium Films is named Lerner, I have a bad feeling about this one...

Can't wait for the upcoming block buster "Villa has Fallen"

There is a sequel......." Fallen even further"

ps I'm hoping there is not a box set.:)

Edited by TRO

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I think Tony is the only person at Villa who can say he has given his all. 

I feel really sorry for him.

I'd feel physically sick if I invested this much, for it to fail. He's suffering due to Lerner's rot. I feel terrible, he's done absolutely everything right.

• Like 2

Â