Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

31 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

If it is not players, manager, coaches, technical director, CEO, owner, all of which have been changed over the last 9 months, some more than once, then I don't know what it is. You can't go any deeper rooted than that.

Personally I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong. We have a squad of players working under their second manager this season, three quarters of them having arrived since last summer half a dozen of which have been here a couple of weeks, and at the moment we don't look anything like a team on the pitch. Whether you think that will be improved by changing the manager or allowing the current one more than 4 months is down to personal opinion of the current one I guess.

As usual Mark a sensible comment.

However, I worry when I see little evidence particularly since the Cardiff game of the slightest evidence of any fundamental improvement.

I don't know long is reasonable.

I seen all this when Ron Saunders was building, but I could see little pockets of improvement way before we was getting good results.

I see a lack of basic skills on show, leading up to today, because I didn't see today's game.

when you buy amongst the best players in the league and the basics are missing....its a worry. 

13 minutes ago, TRO said:

As usual Mark a sensible comment.

However, I worry when I see little evidence particularly since the Cardiff game of the slightest evidence of any fundamental improvement.

I don't know long is reasonable.

I seen all this when Ron Saunders was building, but I could see little pockets of improvement way before we was getting good results.

I see a lack of basic skills on show, leading up to today, because I didn't see today's game.

when you buy amongst the best players in the league and the basics are missing....its a worry. 

First half today we were playing good football. It's the lack of playing at that level for a full 90 minutes that's cost us. 

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

First half today we were playing good football. It's the lack of playing at that level for a full 90 minutes that's cost us. 

Have we outplayed anyone this season for 90 minutes? 

Nearly all games have been a decent half at best .

cant wait to play Rotherham again as that's been our only comfortable game.

12 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Have we outplayed anyone this season for 90 minutes? 

Nearly all games have been a decent half at best .

cant wait to play Rotherham again as that's been our only comfortable game.

It's not just this season is it? For about 5 years we switch off for at least 30 mins a game

Edited by mikeyp102

On 2/11/2017 at 17:45, Alakagom said:

Both picks were very reasonable at the time. The issues seem to be rooted deeper in the club, not just players and manager..

There is only Bricks and Mortar left.....don't know how they can effect anything.....not tangibly anyway.

We have changed just about everyone that matters.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

It's not just this season is it? For about 5 years we switch off for at least 30 mins a game

Even lambert , Sherwood and Mcleish presided over some really good performances and wins on occasions .

the 6-1 Sunderland , 4-0 away Sunderland and 3-1 win at Chelsea spring straight to mind .

This season possibly our best performance was a draw at Brighton , most of the rest has been forgettable.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'm astounded anyone could describe what we did as football let alone good football.

Baker or Johnston hoofing it for Kodja to miss or our least technically player Hutton being our main attacking outlet do not constitute good football in my book.

We created a few chances, but this League is rife with chances it should be s given.

Pretty much everyone around me were in despair and worried that a Mcarthy ( not the most free flowing Manager) Ipswich side were playing the majority of passed for football.

And those fears were confirmed by a dire second half.

1 hour ago, TRO said:

There is only Bricks and Mortar left.....don't know how they can effect anything.....not tangibly anyway.

We have changes just about everyone that matters.

I've said in the other thread there is no mystery to me we are getting what happens to any Club( or business, or relationship) when it has a culture of neglect and indifference. That was never going to all vanish overnight.

But you need the right Manager and it's really not especially odd we've struggled because some of the choices have been awful.

In Bruces case it was a fair enough choice, but again there's nothing odd about it that it doesn't work. Sometimes it does. ( Ron Saunders at Villa, GT Mk 1)........sometimes it doesn't (Ron Saunders after Villa, GT Mk 2).

Â