Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Has he backed us to the hilt though? Or reinvested the incoming money from transfers and spent the parachute payments ? 

I hope/think he could be very good owner for us. However just because he isn't Lerner doesn't mean for me he is beyond criticism. 

These things take time and who knows what is going on behind the scenes tbf... just not about to blindly worship Doc X 

Dear Tony,

AVFC needs leadership. You own the Club, it's your responsibility. I beg you to look at the chain of command all the way through to the last man who has any kind of input to the team of players.

There is something wrong and I believe that its in yours and the clubs best interest to find out asap and make decisions.

I will spare the obvious facts but to suffer a further relegation is a far too greater consequence that we can afford.

Best wishes

Grasshopper

• Like 2

Love the guy and think he's great. But there has to be more than just spending money. Consistently making the wrong decisions is what Randy Lerner did. 

I still have all the faith in the world in him but we need to start making things right sooner than later. 

• Like 1

I refuse to blame him for bringing in Bruce. Whilst it was quite a dull appointment, it was very low risk and was probably the right thing to do. Very few people could have seen it going the way it has and it was only a couple of months ago we were all singing a very different tune in the way of how we thought Bruce was handling being the manager of this club.

What a disaster though, what matters now is what the Doc decides to do about it. I think he will give him the Newcastle game and then pull the triggger. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villianusa said:

it's odd that he hasn't commented about the defeat yesterday, I wonder if he is quiet because he feels he may have dug himself in a hole by defending Bruce. I fully believe that he felt yesterday would be the turning point for better things.

He's spent the morning on the phone to Randy Lerner asking for his money back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I refuse to blame him for bringing in Bruce. Whilst it was quite a dull appointment, it was very low risk and was probably the right thing to do.

Yep. He's bought in 2 managers with Championship promotions on their CV. One is a Champions League winner, one has bags of Premier League experience. In hindsight it's easy to say something was the wrong decision. Signing Bent turned out to be the "wrong decision", but were we labeling it that at the time? Not really.

• Like 1

last season we finished 20th -Relegation

Imagine finishing 20th this season - safety

I'd be inclined to take that now if we had the right man either in place showing signs of improvement or the right man for preseason raring to go

7 hours ago, thabucks said:

Has he backed us to the hilt though? Or reinvested the incoming money from transfers and spent the parachute payments ? 

I hope/think he could be very good owner for us. However just because he isn't Lerner doesn't mean for me he is beyond criticism. 

These things take time and who knows what is going on behind the scenes tbf... just not about to blindly worship Doc X 

Mate, the parachute payments will barely cover the wage bill. 

Yes, he has backed us to the hilt.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, villianusa said:

it's odd that he hasn't commented about the defeat yesterday, I wonder if he is quiet because he feels he may have dug himself in a hole by defending Bruce. I fully believe that he felt yesterday would be the turning point for better things.

He's probably hung over from Chinese Vodka with his PA desperately holding on to his iphone/ipad/laptop at arms length and his secretary with a pot of strong coffee at the ready.

Good to see tony make no comment last night on twitter - tensions were running high he made a wise move not to come out in support of Bruce as it would have been like a red rag to a bull for many.

let the dust settle a while .

Â