Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He didn't set a budget at all. His point was to say that there isn't really one at the present time and it will depend entirely on the thoughts of the incoming manager. 

All people really have to do is listen beyond the numbers. Sorry to sound pissy about it, but it's frustrating that most people don't seem able to do so. 

Glad it's not just me that thought that.

There was a reason he said 20, 30, 40 and 50. There isn't a specific budget yet until the new manager is sounded out.

10 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He didn't set a budget at all. His point was to say that there isn't really one at the present time and it will depend entirely on the thoughts of the incoming manager. 

All people really have to do is listen beyond the numbers. Sorry to sound pissy about it, but it's frustrating that most people don't seem able to do so. 

Yeah I think you're underestimating a whole lot of people's thought process there

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Glad it's not just me that thought that.

There was a reason he said 20, 30, 40 and 50. There isn't a specific budget yet until the new manager is sounded out.

Agree with this.

I'd also be cautious about reading anything into his interviews. His English clearly isn't amazing, which means you have to take everything he says with a pinch of salt as it's not necessarily exactly what he means.

1 hour ago, Ryan. said:

I didn't see much buisiness accumin in that interview.

Maybe he's over eager to impress us by revealing a good budget?

more worryingly though, he mentioned strengthening goalkeeper, midfield and striker but no defence..

Imagine spending 50 mill and still having Lescott and Richards in defence :blink:

I would imagine / hope that if we are this fantastic club signing lots of players and trying to take the championship by storm, good players will WANT to come here, and will force the issue if the clubs are playing hardball. 

Imagine players WANTING to come here....

Just now, TheStagMan said:

I would imagine / hope that if we are this fantastic club signing lots of players and trying to take the championship by storm, good players will WANT to come here, and will force the issue if the clubs are playing hardball. 

Imagine players WANTING to come here....

You mean... players other than obscure French par-average footballers? :o

People (including me, I admit) are reading FAR TOO MUCH into that initial interview. It's just mood music at present and not to be taken literally. He certainly wasn't setting out a detailed budget or his definitive squad strengthening priorities for the summer.. The nitty-gritty will come when we have a manager in place. Calm down everyone (including me).

I find myself daring to believe in him.

In my mind, Aston Villa should be a top 10 club, and if he can put us back there then he will always have my support.

I feel the most optimistic I've felt for about 9 months.

I doubt Lerner would have even put 20 million in so for him to mention that as a minimum is encouraging.

It must be pretty annoying for other Championship clubs having us & Newcastle coming down in the same season as you would think both clubs would be operating on a completely different level to the rest of the league financially.

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Stop worrying...Cellino passed it!

Celino failed the test and was banned from ownership. However it has hardly stopped him from doing anything.

8 hours ago, Chicken Field said:

How depressing would it be if he failed the fit and proper test 

He won't Hollis said he is 100% certain he will pas and I have no reason not to believe him...then we can all get romantically nourished

Â