Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

42 minutes ago, Mr.Messy said:

But how much have AVFC already lost over the last two years?

It rolls over based on a mix of Premier League and Championship losses.

My understanding is that, next season, we'll basically be assessed on a maximum loss of £83m [£35m (PL) + £35m (PL) + £13m (Championship)]

28 minutes ago, Jareth said:

In one word - I think so. Link below explains it in a nice chart which I can't paste here for some reason, then there is a statement about the premier league seasons not being counted - so it's all about the championship now - 39mill over 3 seasons, however Tony wants to lose it. 

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

The newly relegated clubs must comply with the FFP rules in full. During their first December in the Championship, a newly relegated club does not have to submit their accounts for the previous season (i.e. the accounts relating to the season when they were in the Premier League).

Thanks Jareth, I was only kidding mate because of the double edits, but it is interesting to know and you are right. As you say, the table you link to says "in 2016/17: clubs will be assessed over three years (rather than one), with permitted avg losses of £13m per season (with losses of £35m allowed for each season spent in the PL)." I suppose the last bit about 35m allowed for each season spent in the PL is historical i.e. as long as we don't lose 35m this year we're OK.  So I assume Tony just needs to ramp up our revenue with sponsorship and we should be able to spend big!

Edited by Gary Thomas

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Thanks Jareth, I was only kidding mate because of the double edits, but it is interesting to know and you are right. As you say, the table you link to says "in 2016/17: clubs will be assessed over three years (rather than one), with permitted avg losses of £13m per season (with losses of £35m allowed for each season spent in the PL)." I suppose the last bit about 35m allowed for each season spent in the PL is historical i.e. as long as we don't lose 35m this year we're OK.  So I assume Tony just needs to ramp up our revenue with sponsorship and we should be able to spend big!

Ha ha cheers mate. Too many coffees got ahead of myself. Yep, 10mill a season stadium rights, 5 mill a season mass shirt sales and we will be golden. Will be matter of 'when' not 'if' we will go up.

I've read a few things about the buildings and structures he's done in China, as well as him being massively into architecture, but I've struggled to find any decent photos of said buildings. Does anyone have any links to some of the architectural work he's done? I'm interested to see his 'eclectic portfolio', as I've seen it referred.

13 minutes ago, avfc1982 said:

Yeah I saw that Hollis mentioned he was involved with the Bird's Nest stadium, but he must have been very young when he worked on it. Does anyone know what his involvement with it was?

The nest was signed-off in 2003 - Big Tone would have been 26, and his Wiki page says it was studying at Oxford in 2002.  You'd have thought the planning and architectural design would have taken some time before this.

Stadium opened in 2008 - Tone would have been 31.

Not being ageist, but its hard to believe his involvement was significant - the dates don't add up.

• Like 1

I was just reading John Lerwill's article or blog (link) where he says “it is no secret President Xi [Dr. Xia’s cousin] wants to win the World Cup by 2050. They are implementing strategies – 100 million six and seven year olds in China part of their curriculum is kicking a ball every day.”  Is that right?  That Tony Xia is president Xi Jinping’s cousin?  I don’t recall reading that anywhere else but if it is true I don’t think money is going to be an issue!

I don't think that's right Gary, I have a feeling that journo may have got it wrong. I've read a few articles saying that Xia has recently been seen meeting with the presidents cousin. Someone's wrong, either way.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I was just reading John Lerwill's article or blog (link) where he says “it is no secret President Xi [Dr. Xia’s cousin] wants to win the World Cup by 2050. They are implementing strategies – 100 million six and seven year olds in China part of their curriculum is kicking a ball every day.”  Is that right?  That Tony Xia is president Xi Jinping’s cousin?  I don’t recall reading that anywhere else but if it is true I don’t think money is going to be an issue!

Tony isn't the Presidents cousin but he apparently knows the Presidents cousin and the President. It's hard to find facts in China but it all seems to point to Xia's work with the government relocating those in rural areas to new cities that Xia helped create. So if it is all accurate then Xia does have huge ties to the President of China.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

I don't think that's right Gary, I have a feeling that journo may have got it wrong. I've read a few articles saying that Xia has recently been seen meeting with the presidents cousin. Someone's wrong, either way.

I think you're right as that would have been splashed on the news surely.  Lotus Healthcare definitely announced they were going to appoint one of the President's cousins to their board in December this year, but that was retracted a few days later apparently.  So i think it is clear he has political connections but probably not part of the family.

Edited by Gary Thomas

Â