Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

22 minutes ago, Rodders said:

what the **** is Hollis doing if he didn't even check this shit out? 

We are still under the impression that Xia is our owner.

There is every chance that he is just the face of the operation and has nothing to do with the financial aspect.

This is all speculation and assumption here, but who is the owner of Recon Group? It's not Tony Xia or at least not the way it looks.

Hollis likely knows this and also realises that it makes very little difference in the end. I mean does it? 

Having looked into his companies like XWHO it's website on closer inspection looks very much like the website of a shell corporation I mean all the "projects" are concept art, there is no portfolio on there of finished projects. 

I'm just not sure it's a bad thing though as long as nothing illegal is taking place and Aston Villa as a club is ran well.

Mind you I have an adoration for everything conspiracy so even though I am delighted with our new owners I will never pass up the chance to look for untoward things. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Be honest - would you be relieved is this takeover collapsed ?

Yes. The Dr doesn't seem to add up and neither does his company. Plus Samuelson is a criminal and a total scumbag.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KHV said:

He ruined Reading by engineering that deal with the Russian. Reading ended up £60 million in debt. Not to mention the rather bizarre Everton money that just vanished and the multiple money laundering cases that he is never a million miles away from. I don't want this deal to go through because of his involvement in it. This deal already looks like it doesn't seem quite right and Samuelson is right in the thick of it. He should be behind bars not putting his feet under the table at B6. He can **** right off as far as I'm concerned 

Couldn't agree more or put it better. And Wyness did some dodgy deals at Everton whilst there, and it appears like he's written his own wikipedia page too (which wouldn't surprise me a bit).

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Not even a couple of days of happiness. Typical Villa. :( 

There was talk of 2 other groups still in the running this week?

Its not a done deal yet .....

27 minutes ago, hippo said:

Its not a done deal yet .....

Announced on the OS and Lerner has said his farewells. Why would it not be a done deal, unless you are referring to the fit and proper persons test, which judging by past decisions is probably just a shoo-in.

6 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Seems strange that he can uproot his family and move to Birmingham when he is involved in all those companies in China...........unless he is only a front man.

Or he meant he would like a base in Birmingham so that when he came here with his family he had somewhere to stay perhaps?

I doubt he's moving here with his family. When he says "his family", what he probably means is that he knows someone else who has a family, or that he's familiar with the idea of families.

There were always going to be question marks. We don't speak Chinese nor know how business is done over there. The people surrounding The Doctor is somewhat worrying. As are the few things we've since found out. 

The Doctor doesn't own us, he is merely the Chairman - it's Recon that own us and that's worth remembering, I guess.

It all looks a bit fishy and I'm disappointed that we didn't immediately swing into action with a new manager, board brought in etc. We don't have the time to fanny about. 

HOWEVER, he has clearly got a good grasp of the situation and some of the things he's said, including fronting up on camera speaking in English when he clearly wasn't comfortable has to give him brownie points. 

This worry that has built up today seems to mainly be our own doing - from incorrectly written stories on the OS that were fact checked by the media. Who would have thought that would happen, huh? I'm hoping that, just as we've seen in the past - including the crowing from Fox last summer when we'd brought in the failures that we did. There is pressure from us to know what's going on plus an identified failure of poor communication with fans. We haven't got a manager and needed to justify that too - so the signing of the agreement meant that news could be given and they've rushed it out based on information and mis-interpreted conversations - 'Chinese Whispers' so to speak.

I've got reservations about it all - but we don't know anything about Recon, The Doctor or anything else. But starting from a position of mistrust is not going to help good relations grow with this new regime, neither will is help improve the atmosphere at a club which has become more and more tiring to follow.

Surely the best thing we can do is take them at their word at this point. If it turns out to be another Tan, Carson Yeung, the like at Leeds - then we're screwed but at least let's wait to see if that's the case.

• Like 2

Â