Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, avfc1982 said:

Yeah I saw that Hollis mentioned he was involved with the Bird's Nest stadium, but he must have been very young when he worked on it. Does anyone know what his involvement with it was?

Yeah he started out as a Bricky. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

We need to sort out a name for Dr Tony Xia that will be adopted by all - I'm not seeing a clear winner at the mo. 

Im gonna call him "The Monk" seeing as everyone is so delighted that he's "not Randy"

20 hours ago, Richard said:

One bit ofvice to our new owner.  Prince William is a fan of this club ,  if you talk to him thats fine but keep away from his grand dad

Brilliant!

phil.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

Brilliant!

phil.jpg

To be fair to the old dear, in my experience (which is definitely not representative of the entire population) the Chinese ARE rude.

• Like 1

http://on.ft.com/1YI8Nn7

The Chinese business group which has agreed to buy Aston Villa football club admitted on Friday that it controlled only one listed company, not the five previously claimed in a press release.

The admission raises questions about the due diligence on Tony Xia, the businessman behind the deal.

“Xia was never involved in the planning or designing of the Bird’s Nest stadium. Xia’s expertise is in urban design”

23 minutes ago, philgetaway said:

http://on.ft.com/1YI8Nn7

The Chinese business group which has agreed to buy Aston Villa football club admitted on Friday that it controlled only one listed company, not the five previously claimed in a press release.

The admission raises questions about the due diligence on Tony Xia, the businessman behind the deal.

“Xia was never involved in the planning or designing of the Bird’s Nest stadium. Xia’s expertise is in urban design”

Forgot you need subscription... Here it is from the FT:

The admission raises questions about the due diligence on Tony Xia, the businessman behind the deal. He is chairman of the Recon Group, a Beijing and Hangzhou based private holding company which controls 75 per cent of Lotus Health Group, a large producer of the food additive MSG.

On the website of the Aston Villa football club, a biography of Mr Xia — posted on May 18 when the sale was announced — reads: “Recon Group is a privately owned holding company that owns the controlling interest in five publicly listed companies on the Hong Kong and Chinese stock exchanges.”

The Recon Group website appears to show the group has several listed subsidiaries, however stock exchange filings show that Recon Group only has a significant stake in Lotus Health.

A Hangzhou-based spokesman for Recon reached by telephone on Friday, who identified himself only as Mr Jin, admitted the company “currently only has controlling share in Lotus Health”.

Meanwhile, he said: “The acquisition deals for the remaining four companies are still being finalised and should come out soon.” He declined to name the companies.

The Recon Group said the mistaken information contained in the press release had been the result of a “miscommunication” with Aston Villa, and they would ask the football club to change the wording of the statement.

The information raises questions not just about the truthfulness of the claims surrounding Mr Xia’s business dealings, but about the financial health of Mr Xia’s business group, which agreed this week to pay an undisclosed sum for Villa.

Last month, Lotus — Recon’s only verifiable asset — announced it had made a net loss in 2015 of Rmb508.5m ($77.6m) on revenues of Rmb1.7bn, compared with a net profit of Rmb23.9m the previous year.

Lotus produces 150,000 tonnes of MSG, exporting to more than 70 countries every year, according to Shanghai stock exchange filings, as well as other food additives.

Recon Group’s other revenues were unclear as the group does not appear to have ever published an audited financial statement.

In addition Mr Jin denied an assertion by Steve Hollis, Villa’s Chairman, who was quoted on Thursday saying that Mr Xia had helped to build the Bird’s Nest Olympic stadium in Beijing.

“Again, you need to ask him but he is responsible for the Bird’s Nest in Beijing and some of the other major iconic developments in China” Mr Hollis was quoted in an article in the Birmingham Mail.

“Xia was never involved in the planning or designing of the Bird’s Nest stadium. Xia’s expertise is in urban design” said Mr Jin.

A spokesman for Aston Villa confirmed that Mr Hollis was accurately quoted, but said he was not sure what information Mr Hollis was citing.

• Like 1

I'm amazed at how so many on here seem to has lost their critical faculties. 

If we were being bought by someone like Larry Ellison, they I could understand it. But a total unknown from China, who's net worth and business portfolio are already looking to be at the very least 'inflated', well, things just don't pass the eye ball test do they?

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, philgetaway said:

Last month, Lotus — Recon’s only verifiable asset — announced it had made a net loss in 2015 of Rmb508.5m ($77.6m) on revenues of Rmb1.7bn, compared with a net profit of Rmb23.9m the previous year.

A net loss of 508.5m on revenues of 1.7bn sounds quite a big loss, unless I am mistaken? Also, turning a 23.9m profit one year into a 508.5m loss the next makes Lerner look like Bill Gates!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'm amazed at how so many on here seem to has lost their critical faculties. 

If we were being bought by someone like Larry Ellison, they I could understand it. But a total unknown from China, who's net worth and business portfolio are already looking to be at the very least 'inflated', well, things just don't pass the eye ball test do they?

Yep, very true.

How much will the club get in parachute payments?  I am massively over-simplifying things I know, but say he gets a loan out for 60m.  Buys us, and pays the loan back with the parachute payment.  Leaving us with an owner with no money?

His profile has gone through the roof though, with logical claims of us being a top three club in the world and so on........

Â