Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

With FFP how does he plan to spend £50m if needs be? Surely we can't just spend large sums of money. Surely we will have to sell to buy?

2 minutes ago, KHV said:

With FFP how does he plan to spend £50m if needs be? Surely we can't just spend large sums of money. Surely we will have to sell to buy?

Look out for a £50 million sponsorship deal from one of Recon's subsidiaries very soon...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

We need to sort out a name for Dr Tony Xia that will be adopted by all - I'm not seeing a clear winner at the mo. 

"DOC"

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyjavfc said:

Look out for a £50 million sponsorship deal from one of Recon's subsidiaries very soon...

Yep, total smoke and mirrors job. FFP is a joke and everyone knows it.

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

We'll probably just pay the fine like Leicester and Bournemouth if that's what happens.

5 minutes ago, KHV said:

Probably sell a few players, parachute payment of £40m or so - though I'm not sure exactly if that's paid in one sum.

23 minutes ago, KHV said:

You are allowed 13m loss per season, and this is assessed over 3 seasons. Effectively Dr Tony could make a loss of £39 million in season 1 and then break even the next 2 seasons to be compliant. But of course if you have already got promoted by season 3 then it doesn't really matter. 

Edit - No I'm wrong, it's 13 mill max loss in one season. 

Edit - no I'm right, it is an average of 13m per season over 3 seasons. The original point stands!

Edited by Jareth
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

You are allowed 13m loss per season, and this is assessed over 3 seasons. Effectively Dr Tony could make a loss of £39 million in season 1 and then break even the next 2 seasons to be compliant. But of course if you have already got promoted by season 3 then it doesn't really matter. 

But how much have AVFC already lost over the last two years?

Just now, Mr.Messy said:

But how much have AVFC already lost over the last two years?

You are allowed 35 mill loss for any single premier league season as of 2016/17 - so probably doesn't affect us.

3 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Alright..."Baby Doc"

Our tony

Our tone

Tony...

Hmm, I think the name will come when he does something of note in the near future, something that shows his character...

40 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Edit - No I'm wrong, it's 13 mill max loss in one season. 

Edit - no I'm right, it is an average of 13m per season over 3 seasons. The original point stands!

Are you sure.......

12 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Are you sure.......

In one word - I think so. Link below explains it in a nice chart which I can't paste here for some reason, then there is a statement about the premier league seasons not being counted - so it's all about the championship now - 39mill over 3 seasons, however Tony wants to lose it. 

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/financial-fair-play-explained.php

The newly relegated clubs must comply with the FFP rules in full. During their first December in the Championship, a newly relegated club does not have to submit their accounts for the previous season (i.e. the accounts relating to the season when they were in the Premier League).

summary%20rules.jpg.opt860x568o0%2C0s860

Edited by limpid
fixed embed
  • Like 2

Â