Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Just now, Boumasbabies said:

Honestly ...I'd rather keep Ayew, than invest heavily this year. I think he would rip up the Championship

I'd be keeping Ayew as well - we need more than 1 (good one).

16 minutes ago, Boumasbabies said:

With Gabby and Kozak leaving......

And (please) Ayew staying with Gestede and the kids.

Another striker is defo needed...... Dwight Gayle has been muted?

Since when? I've always thought he was quite vocal on the pitch.

:trollface:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3642596/New-Aston-Villa-owner-Tony-Xia-plans-make-club-biggest-world.html

Xia knows that radical surgery is required in Villa’s squad, with a clear-out needed, and new faces for the challenge of the Championship. ‘Roberto has already made a phone call to every single player,’ he says. ‘Every player that he wants to keep is happy to stay. The decisions on who goes are up to Roberto.’

So maybe we've got a chance of keeping Ayew, he's surely one of the few that RDM would want to keep?

1 minute ago, Nath182 said:

So maybe we've got a chance of keeping Ayew, he's surely one of the few that RDM would want to keep?

Or maybe RDM doesn't want any of them ;)

3 hours ago, TheMelvillan said:

Cherries fan seem sad and a little surprised to see him go, which can only be a good sign

on an unrelated note, if you ever want to appreciate Villatalk, go visit some other teams fans forums. there is some horrible ugly little sites out there that hurt the senses to even visit.

So big shout out to the guys in charge here, you's do us proud

I spoke to a customer who is a cherries fan yesterday an asked him about elphick, he thought it was just paper talk an that he would be gutted to see him leave, a born leader was his exact words

Interestingly I have seen Okores agents tune has changed too: I knew it would happen!!!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/15/jores-okores-agent-gives-a-positive-update-on-the-defenders-asto/?

“Jores is absolutely ready to give it another chance, and even if they are relegated to the Championship, it's still a great club.”

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, backofthenet said:

I spoke to a customer who is a cherries fan yesterday an asked him about elphick, he thought it was just paper talk an that he would be gutted to see him leave, a born leader was his exact words

which is exactly what we have been missing for too long now. a Petrov/ Laursen tough fighter type . a real mans man rather than the spoiled overgrown kids that we have seen being given the captains armband over the last five years. someone you would follow into battle, not some tw@ giggling on the bench or pi$$ing their money up a wall somewhere. We need someone who plays football for the challenge and the love of the physical battle, not because of the paycheck at the end of it all.

anyway, rant over. sounds like I want us to sign Rambo rather than a footballer but you get my point hopefully :D

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Interestingly I have seen Okores agents tune has changed too: I knew it would happen!!!

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2016/06/15/jores-okores-agent-gives-a-positive-update-on-the-defenders-asto/?

:rolleyes:

I feel that way too. But as galling as it is this is what I was hoping might happen.  If more of our better players want to stick around the degree of change (and transfer business needed in a short time) becomes that bit more manageable.  Just make sure we get Guzan, Richards, Bacuna, Lescott and Agbonlahor out and bring in much better replacements. 

• Like 3

Okore will probably just see out the remainder of his contract and leave on a free next summer, unless a better offer comes in the mean time.

Personally, I think his fitness issues will have put a lot of clubs off making an offer for his services. So it wouldn't surprise me if his agent has told him to use next season as a chance to prove he is over his injuries and then a better offer will be on the table as a free agent next summer.

Just need to sign a couple more captains from other teams to make our team full of leaders. 

We need strong dependable leaders and that can be mixed in with the grealish and adama players.

Gareth Barry would be ideal 

• Like 1

On a crusty old grapevine, I've heard that Morrison wants to come back to Birmingham desperately and get away from Rome. Can't get used to the lifestyle out there and he loved his time here.

He's spoken to Villa, but not a clue if any offer has been made. I'd guess Di Matteo is the one pushing it, maybe he still knows people at Lazio?

Everyone knows the positives and negatives, if you can get him playing, he'll be a star.

There's some really shite info for you :thumb:

Edited by Tomaszk