Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

Players these days are problematic - I don't beleive you can purge the club entirley of such characters. TBH thats why I hoped we would employ a stronger manager than RDM.

The players will push and test any manager - Remi Garde just rolled over - I m hoping RDM will be stronger - but Im not convinced he is a strong enough character.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, useless said:

Good player and a good signing for any Championship club. As far as I'm aware, despite his reptuation he hasn't been in trouble for a while now, just needs to find himself a good home perhaps. I doubt he's going to sha, there will be bigger and better clubs willing to take a chance on him.

This. Given the financial issues still at SHA I would be a little surprised if he went there despite the previous connections a couple of seasons ago (remember a lot has changed for them as well so probably not the some bunch of people). Given his previous potential, it would likely be a lower half premier league team or top championship side would take the punt on him. Not sure if he is a Tony Pulis sort of player so I would put the money on us signing him if he is indeed in Birmingham for a medical today. 

• Like 1

To be fair he posted saying 'Birmingham tomorrow...' With a a battery emoticon which looks a bit like the green and white medical sign. So might not even be a medical at all. 

Although he's probably daft enough to think that the battery is indeed the sign for a medical centre. 

image.jpg

Apologies is its poor quality  it's a screenshot from my phone and hosted from my phone.

Edited by villan-scott
Added image

Ravel is a huge talent but I echo what others have said above and I've heard nothing but bad things about him off the pitch.

However, part of this new-look Villa lies with us as fans too. We need to trust that the club and it's staff are doing the right things and if RDM and Clarke believe that he's a good signing and is ready to knuckle down then I have faith in their judgement. If someone as experienced as Ferdinand said that Pogba couldn't even get close to him at United then he must have the ability to kick us on. We need to remember where we are now and we might just need to polish a few gems to get back to where we belong.

• Like 1

He really hasn't played much at all recently, played a couple of times for Lazio, was exiled for half a season at West Ham, didn't always play at QPR on loan.

Too much like Scott Sinclair for me, these guys who spend ages not playing and with dodgy attitude lose something in their game.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He really hasn't played much at all recently, played a couple of times for Lazio, was exiled for half a season at West Ham, didn't always play at QPR on loan.

Too much like Scott Sinclair for me, these guys who spend ages not playing and with dodgy attitude lose something in their game.

A lot would be dependant on what sort of fee was involved. At the right price, he could be worth a punt. I'm sure that Lazio are keen to part with him. A nominal fee represents no risk for me other than a commitment to wages. It could well be that he could end up replacing Sinclair, who is rumoured to be on his way out. For me, I would sooner take a chance on Ravel coming good than I would Sinclair.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Rio Ferdinand said he's the best young player he's ever seen and than Pogba couldn't touch him...

And just compare the two of them now......

• Like 2

It seems we went for him in January which would've been a waste of time.

Can only guess RDM has had a look at the list of some of our existing targets and put a tick to Ravel's name for whatever reasons. 

You never know with managers, they always think they can be ones who can tame these out of control players, bit like when Rodgers thought he could be a God to Balotelli. 

46 minutes ago, Butterfingers said:

A lot would be dependant on what sort of fee was involved. At the right price, he could be worth a punt.

Fee? Jesus, I assumed he'd be available on a free. 

11 hours ago, villa4europe said:

ravel morrison just tweeted hes got a medical in brum tomorrow

why RDM flew out to lazio?

I really hope it's for the noses.

Just now, PieFacE said:

The kid has always had huge potential but is just a bit of a tit. If he could sort his head out he could be a huge asset in the Championship, huge IF though...  

Ravel Morrison a bit of a tit?

kryten-head-bomb-o.gif