Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

59 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

He might well have the worst attitude in the squad.

Our squad.

Let that sink in.

Absolutely. We need to rid the squad of rocket polishers, not add them. 

4 hours ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

Watching the Euros just isn't the same when I'm not on unofficial Villa scouting duty...

Although it is a bit fun looking for a half-decent player that may actually play for us.

Plenty of talent out there in France.....

Ukraine, Poland, Iceland even Albania the way they're playing tonight.

My realistic tips..... Halldorson (Iceland keeper), 32 yrs looked very comfortable plucking crosses out of the air full stretch,  also Jeff Hendrick (Ireland midfielder) currently at Derby County - played really well against Sweden

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

On a crusty old grapevine, I've heard that Morrison wants to come back to Birmingham desperately and get away from Rome. Can't get used to the lifestyle out there and he loved his time here.

He's spoken to Villa, but not a clue if any offer has been made. I'd guess Di Matteo is the one pushing it, maybe he still knows people at Lazio?

Everyone knows the positives and negatives, if you can get him playing, he'll be a star.

There's some really shite info for you :thumb:

Well that does link up with his Twitter post a couple of days ago.

It appears his attitude previously has stunk. Maybe a couple of seasons on the fringe, being cut out of the Lazio team after a couple of games, seeing one his best mate win the league because he busted a gut may have changed his perspective on things. 

I think I trust RDM on this one. Given how much he has gone on about attitude today, if he signs, to me RDM trusts his attitude has changed and he could become a real asset. 

If he has spoken to RDM and he doesn't sign, to me that says he still got the attitude so will be glad for him to stay away. 

6 minutes ago, useless said:

A controversial opinion perhaps, but I don't think Ireland was anywhere near as bad as people make out.

He needed a hug and a bit confidence. Had he been here under MON he would have been incredible for us, but we've had a string of managers since that are terrible at man management and handling big egos. I liked Ireland though, he was a bit of clearing in the woods at times but nothing compared to the kinds of words removed we're dealing with at the club now. 

• Like 1

I think there was a few false expectations on him, based on the one season he had at Man CIty where he played with Robinho and was a big creative outlet for them. But that was one off, previous to that he'd just been a decent box to box midfielder with a bit of skill (like Milner but not as good) and has been since really, although obviously didn't work out for him here.

Ayew Gestede.. two new strikers (Bamford and Mcormack?) and Hepburn Murphy as back up.

We wont be shy of goals in that side. We must think of the future too.. if we get promoted.. we dont want to clean up the squad and rebuild again.. so can any of these players step up and play in the Premier League? Besides Ayew.. unlikely. So its a tough gig for RDM to bring in a player that may also have the potential to bang them in. Unless we get them on 2 year deals or on loan. Bamford on loan makes sense to me. 

That was my concern too, if we build a squad to win the championship, we then need to build again next year... But didn't Xia say that RDM had a 3 phased plan for rebuilding over the next three seasons? 

Like with Elphick he sounds like he'll be great in the Champ and a ready made captain, but when we're back in the PL do we want to get rid of our captain again because he's not PL quality? 

Can't see any other way round it though really, especially with the bag of crap squad we have.

Edited by alreadyexists
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

That was my concern too, if we build a squad to win the championship, we then need to build again next year... But didn't Xia say that RDM had a 3 phased plan for rebuilding over the next three seasons? 

Like with Elphick he sounds like he'll be great in the Champ and a ready made captain, but when we're back in the PL do we want to get rid of our captain again because he's not PL quality? 

Can't see any other way round it though really, especially with the bag of crap squad we have.

Exactly. I guess the only option is to buy and make our first team the back up players and sell the back up players from the previous season. So Elphick this season may be first choice with Okore but next season they could be 3rd and 4th choice. Its hard to do though. 

• Like 1

------------------------------------New GK ------------------------------------

New RB---------------Okore---------------Elphick------------------Amavi

--------------------------Westwood-------New CM---------------------------

Adama---------------------------Veretout---------------------------Grealish

-------------------------------------New ST-------------------------------------

Be a good line-up at the start of the season as long as the 4 new signings are the right ones. Petrov next to Westwood ;)

Based on Gueye, Ayew, Bacuna and Guzan all going.

10 hours ago, useless said:

John percy saying in his article that we're going to go for a new goalkeeper and two strikers.

Would love it if it was bye bye Gabby and Kozak, and hello to two effective strikers alongside Rudy (for his championship experience) and Ayew.

1 hour ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

------------------------------------New GK ------------------------------------

New RB---------------Okore---------------Elphick------------------Amavi

--------------------------Westwood-------New CM---------------------------

Adama---------------------------Veretout---------------------------Grealish

-------------------------------------New ST-------------------------------------

Be a good line-up at the start of the season as long as the 4 new signings are the right ones. Petrov next to Westwood ;)

Based on Gueye, Ayew, Bacuna and Guzan all going.

I'd have Veretout in CM with Westwood linking to Grealish in the 'No. 10' spot.  Grealish really shouldn't be utilised as a winger

To be honest I want to see the return of the good old fashioned 4-4-2 at Villa, football is devoid of grit and momentum in these European systems - Arsenal a good example

For me i would like:

-----------------------Marshall-----------------------------------

----------Okore-------Elphick---------Baker------------------

M.Phillips-------------------------------------------------Amavi

-------------Jedinak/Westwood------Veretout/Gardner----

----------------------Grealish/Knockaert----------------------

---------------Gestede/Bamford----Ayew/N.Wells----------

Squad: Steer, Clark, Toner, Bennett, Hutton, Lyden, Traore, Hepburn-Murphy

Out: Gana, Bacuna, Lescott, Richards, Gabby, Sinclair, Kozak, Guzan, Bunn