Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

not really - because if they say 'no i want to move' they are effectively transfer listing themselves - which means they have to pay around 10% of the transfer fee. Players don't request moves formally anymore - they speak to agent - who gets a club to bid - if the club accepts the fee - the player moves without ever requesting a move thus moves on more benefical terms ......(for him)

That's simply not true. If they request a transfer they lose a loyalty bonus, they don't have to pay a percentage of the transfer fee.

1 minute ago, JPAngel said:

That's simply not true. If they request a transfer they lose a loyalty bonus, they don't have to pay a percentage of the transfer fee.

ok - they move on less favourable terms. 

12 minutes ago, hippo said:

ok - they move on less favourable terms. 

What I meant to say was that it is clear to us who should stay so hopefully if that is also clear to RDM then we will be keeping the better players.

Just now, Jareth said:

What I meant to say was that it is clear to us who should stay so hopefully if that is also clear to RDM then we will be keeping the better players.

Agreed - Im sure RDM would want to keep Ayew, Gana, Amavi  (he probably knew that 2 weeks ago) - but wanting to keep them - and them actually staying are two different things. I am sure Sherwood would liked to have kept Benteke and Delph last season - ......

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Elphick started Bournemouth's first 6 league games then got injured for about 5 months and started their last 6 games.

Hopefully he's over that now but an experenced player who knows the lower leagues, I'm fine with it.

yep - i prefer bigger centre backs tbh - but that aside seems a sensible and solid signing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

yep - i prefer bigger centre backs tbh - but that aside seems a sensible and solid signing.

Couldn't agree more. Hopefully he'll get a bigger lad in to partner him but really pleased with this type of signing.

We get players like elphick in the positions we need with their recent experience leading or contributing to promotion from this league then there is not much more we could possibly ask for.

Fair play to di matteo. Elphick at 3 million is a solid piece of business. Can only go on what we've seen recent years and he looks a solid and competent CB, better than anyone we have at present.

12 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Cherries fan seem sad and a little surprised to see him go, which can only be a good sign

on an unrelated note, if you ever want to appreciate Villatalk, go visit some other teams fans forums. there is some horrible ugly little sites out there that hurt the senses to even visit.

So big shout out to the guys in charge here, you's do us proud

I'd like to echo this. I've been here since 2004 but mostly read rather than write until something exciting happens (See: Lerners arrival and the signing of Milan Baros :lol:) and a recent visit to the SHA forum when the Xia news was breaking made me realise how great this site is!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I'd like to echo this. I've been here since 2004 but mostly read rather than write until something exciting happens (See: Lerners arrival and the signing of Milan Baros :lol:) and a recent visit to the SHA forum when the Xia news was breaking made me realise how great this site is!

I assume your laptop is now infected...

• Like 2

On 14/06/2016 at 13:00, rubberman said:

I would really love us to somehow bring in one marquee signing - someone that makes everyone sit up and take notice, ideally a striker.  Then get on with the solid but unspectacular build of the rest of the squad.  Would not only excite us but would show intent to some of the players thinking about / trying to move on.

Honestly ...I'd rather keep Ayew, than invest heavily this year. I think he would rip up the Championship