Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

With relegation looking increasing likely, I think Garde will soon start planning for next  season. The question is how many of the current squad should be retained? I can only think of the following that I'd like to keep.

Bunn

Bacuna

Okore

Richards #

Bennett

Gana #

Veretout #

Westwood

Grealish #

Traore #

Ayew #

# Players unlikely to stick around after relegation. 

Get some championship players in the January window, they will want to come then more than in the summer.

We need to build now , the team we have now just lost to Norwich, a largely championship team , by two goals . if we don't rip our team apart now were gonna struggle in the championship.

The following aren't good enough at this level"

• Guzan
  • Bennett
  • Clark
  • Bacuna
  • Sinclair
  • Gana
  • Senderos
  • Richardson
  • Gardner
  • Cole
  • Gestede

And the following I think are done here:

• Agbonlahor
  • Kozak
  • N'Zogbia

So, replace those 14 with decent players and yeah, we should be fine.

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

Get some championship players in the January window, they will want to come then more than in the summer.

We need to build now , the team we have now just lost to Norwich, a largely championship team , by two goals . if we don't rip our team apart now were gonna struggle in the championship.

That's the thing, over the last few weeks I've read a lot of '(insert player) will be OK in the Championship' and ' a year in the Championship might do us good'

I think there is a feeling amongst some that we would definitely come back at the first attempt, and I just can't see it. Our squad is to lightweight for this league and the Championship is generally regarded as more physical. If we do go we need a complete overhaul IMO or we will be down there for a while.  

In all honesty who will want to stay?

I can't see the likes of Guzan, Richards, Okore, Bacuna, Amavi, Veretout, Gana, Sanchez, Gil, Adama, Ayew or even Grealish sticking around.

I reckon even the likes of Hutton, Westwood, Sinclair could get themselves another Prem team.

Our squad will be decimated and we'll have to rely on the likes of Baker, Clark, Gardner, Gestede and academy hopefuls.

We are heading for a long stint in the lower leagues. The likes of Sheff Utd, Coventry, Portsmouth etc have endured.

39 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I can't see the likes of Guzan, Richards, Okore, Bacuna, Amavi, Veretout, Gana, Sanchez, Gil, Adama, Ayew or even Grealish sticking around.

I reckon even the likes of Hutton, Westwood, Sinclair could get themselves another Prem team.

Our squad will be decimated and we'll have to rely on the likes of Baker, Clark, Gardner, Gestede and academy hopefuls.

We are heading for a long stint in the lower leagues. The likes of Sheff Utd, Coventry, Portsmouth etc have endured.

Would not be surprised to see Amavi stay at least until next Jan because of his injury. Guzan will probably go abroad in Jan if a new keeper comes in. 

I think the most important and realistic player to keep is Okore. I think he'd be a really good player for us in the championship so find a no nonsense centre half alongside him (maybe someone like Michael Keane at Burnley if they don't go up). I think Amavi will stay until January purely with the injury, can't see anyone paying what we'd want until he starts playing regularly again.

I'd love to think Ayew would stay but can't see it especially if he scores another 10 goals this season.

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Get serious. Who in their right mind would take these useless words removed and their contracts on.

Edited by rodders0223

If you look at the teams challenging this season Brighton are up there with freebies and loans like James Wilson, Hull kept most of their spine from last season...McGregor, Curtis Davies, Dawson, Livermore, Thuddlestone, Abel Hernandez and added a couple of signings. Derby and Boro have spent a bit but they had decent sides already.

You can challeng with freebies and loan signings, I have no idea who'll even own the club next season. To me the mentality of the signings is more important than the quality.