Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

There's a lot of assumptions here that Ravel Morrison is still as immature as he's ever appeared to have been. 

As someone has said here already, characters like Joey Barton and others have grown up.

If Morrison has grown up, he could be a very good member of the changing room if he reaches his potential on the pitch, and can lead by reformed example off it

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Godders said:

There's a lot of assumptions here that Ravel Morrison is still as immature as he's ever appeared to have been. 

As someone has said here already, characters like Joey Barton and others have grown up.

If Morrison has grown up, he could be a very good member of the changing room if he reaches his potential on the pitch, and can lead by reformed example off it

People are basing their opinions on what he has actually done.  An assumption would be to assume he has grown up.  He has shown no evidence of that.  Assumptions are the hypotheticals.  You're dealing in hypotheticals with your last sentence.

Looks Ravel Morrison hasn't settled in Italy, and divides opinions of both the staff and fans. Ultimately, then man he needs to impress (The Coach) questions his attitude, and fitness therefore he does not get picked. Here is a story from last November, where he had made a mixed start. It looks like things have not progressed well for him from that point as his appearances did not increase much in number after this point. Another story says the president of Lazio tried to get him to go on loan to one of his lower league clubs to help fight relegation, but neither he or his team mate would agree to the move.

Morrison at Lazio

Morrison rejects Loan

He is 23 years old, it looks like he may be a slow one to mature if he ever does. He would be a risky signing to incorporate into a mentally weak squad in my opinion. It is not just the financial cost that we need to weigh up here. Will he fit in to a new philosophy that we need to instil in the squad, or will he just enhance the current attitude with the first teamers.

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

People are basing their opinions on what he has actually done.  An assumption would be to assume he has grown up.  He has shown no evidence of that.  Assumptions are the hypotheticals.  You're dealing in hypotheticals with your last sentence.

I think assumptions is the right word- taking something to be true or certain without proof. He could have had an epiphany this morning, and vowed to change his character. We won't have proof of whether or not he's still immature until he does something immature.

That said, i fully accept that his previous transgretions suggest with almost full certainty that he's still a douche. I'm not really trying to argue against that. Im just pointing out the slim possibilty that he could have grown up, and if he has, it would follow that he would be a good character to have in the dressing room.

But as you say yourself, there is proof that he has been a douche up to this point in his life.  There is no proof that he has changed.  So to me the only assumption would be that magical epiphany which, let's face it, even if Villa were not an incredibly mentally-fragile squad at the moment would be a risk bringing him in to.  But bringing him into this squad at this point in time?  You'd be hard pushed to find a worse influence.

Gifted but poison.

• Like 1

Now the full sale is complete, we can finally get to issue-free transfer dealings. The change begins now.

Ravel Morrison is a huge risk we shouldn't try. Basically someone with the natural talent of Grealish with the personality of Gazza dumped on him. We're trying to remove his kind, not bring them in.

If we are in for him then I don't mind as long as we've got an escape clause written in, as that's the problem we've had, trying to get rid of the bad eggs/bomb squads.  The upside is he is supremely talented and could click with us. 

38 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Haven't we signed anyone yet? With Gabby going I expected at least one player in. Buuh Tony

I hear from my sources that we are to sign Lionel Messi, Manuel Neuer, Cristiano Ronaldo and James Rodriguez all on the same day for a respective fee of £1 and a Snickers. Press conference and signature of the paperwork will be on the Never.

#itk

Edited by meme

7 minutes ago, meme said:

I hear from my sources that we are to sign Lionel Messi, Manuel Neuer, Cristiano Ronaldo and James Rodriguez all on the same day for a respective fee of £1 and a Snickers. Press conference and signature of the paperwork will be on the Never.

#itk

Lot's of talk about Kanté in the Gana thread...  (for some unclear reason)

• Like 1