New manager

KJT123

so it doesn't feel like we are any closer to an appointment, or at least the press and ITKs don't seem to have a clue and everyone is reacting to betting odds.

i'm sure something is happening quietly in the background, just got over excited at the prospect of Garde getting appointed quickly.

If Laudrup is the best we can do, may as well throw in the towel now.

why??  Thats abit of ridiculous statement you would think your talkjng about someone like Owen coyle. I would be amazed if we could attract someone like Laudrup 

I know many disagree but I look back on O’Neills time and where we were when he arrived, what he had to spend and who we were competing with, and what they were spending, and think we did about par for the course and overall the job he did was ok. The fact that having the 6th highest wage bill in the league was it turns out living beyond our means suggests to me the owner gambled on us over achieving. The frightening thing is though that it took him another year or so to start to remedy that situation as by the end of 2010/11 the wage bill was at the highest point it had ever been due to the signings of Ireland, Bent and Makoun and in the case of Ireland and Bent putting them on silly money.

Good post mate - I've only trimmed to get this bit (and, as Trent says, probably for another thread really).  People often quote the "6th highest wage bill" fact as a means of saying par for the course.  We finished 6th, so why wouldn't we be spending the 6th most on players?!  From memory, it was the figures that were more horrific/damning.  The 7th highest wage bill (Spurs from memory?) was, say, £70m a year but ours, in 6th and unable to compete with the financial powerhouses above us was something like 90m and at 90% of turnover.  Essentially, it was completely unsustainable and was, presumably, based on us being able to get 4th place.

Anyhow, thankfully the majority of the fire-fighting - certainly with regards to finances - seems to be behind us.  I'm just hoping that bright future is out there somewhere.  Perhaps it's with Remi Garde-iola.

Remi Garde is probably more highly thought of in the game (as a Manager) than Laudrup. So if we can seemingly attract him, I don't see any reason why Laudrup should be out of our reach.

Edited by useless

. I would be amazed if we could attract someone like Laudrup 

Really? If you look at who he has managed, and where he is currently, then I think we’d have no problems in attracting Laudrup. We would be the biggest club he has managed.

I like the idea of Garde ..but I think a few of us also liked the idea of Solskjaer ... that doesn't mean every foreign manger is going to turn out like that  , but Garde is a big risk  ... for Lerner he needs survival to protect his sale price and that would point to a Moyes type appointment  , rather than a gamble and turning us a step closer to becoming Arsenal

but saying that I  think the fact we didn't appoint Fat Sam ( or at least tip him the wink that the job was coming ) when clearly the writing was on the wall for Tim is quite telling and Arsenal part 2 is the plan , so welcome Remi

Garde seems to have been interviewed for a few jobs and not taken them \ not been offered them  ..I don't know the reasons behind the decisions but that could also be a concern  .... Is it true that Garde was interviewed for the Brighton job and they turned him down in favour of Hyypia ?

Why do i have a feeling this garde situation will turn out to be another solsjaker saga?!

Yep, and we will end up with Nigel Fecking Pearson!

So as things stand it seems Garde may not happen if he cannot take his management team with him, Christophe Galtier may be the next cab off the rank but we would need to pay off his current club to get him if he wants to join us and if the club are prepared to do so.

It seems we may have either not approached Moyes yet thinking possibly that if he is sacked shortly we will get him for nothing or he has decided to stay where he is. If these or say Rodgers and Gourvennec do not happen other potential targets will be aware they were not our first, second or even third choice and we may then have to turn to someone like Rowett, Dyche, Pearson or Bruce with the help of a full time French interpreter.

The sooner this gets done the better so that our new boss can see what he has to work with and begin the tough task of getting us out of the bottom three.    

I think Almstadt is calling the shots

If a former Arsenal employee who has a background in the commercial sector is calling the shots then we are totally ****. He shouln't even be a our sporting director let alone calling the shots

Laudrup is a decent manager but he does seem to look for his next move after a short period. Left Swansea in a bit of a mess behind the scenes from what I read also.

Edited by Isa