New manager

KJT123

I am surprised Vieira has not been linked (yet). 

He's off to arsenal to be Wenger's understudy.

Edited by jim

Basically, people are continuing to confuse "premier league experience" with "PROVEN premier league experience"

Merely having managed in the premier league is not (necessarily) an advantage.
Having had proven success in the premier league absolutely is an advantage. 

That advantage, however, is not vital in a new appointment.

Rounded up quite well, a point I felt wasn't coming through from what I was trying to make.

There's a third point to make though...having had shit premier league experience is a disadvantage lol.

Some great discussions/debates on this thread. Has been enjoyable to read. Would be great to see a manager announced before the match tonight!

It will just be a bonus to have any manager tonight, I'm half expecting the team to just come out alone...it wouldn't surprise me.

Be nice to see a win, I'll be at the game and I haven't seen us win for some time.

This is turning into a complete pantomime again. We are bottom of the  league  with a very poor squad.So what do we do go looking for a French manager who has a modest reputation in France.

Why we would risk the future of our club like this? Why haven't we approached David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers who have worked in the English premier successfully .

in my opinion the route we are taking is high risk gamble that we do not have to take!!!

This is turning into a complete pantomime again. We are bottom of the  league  with a very poor squad.So what do we do go looking for a French manager who has a modest reputation in France.

Why we would risk the future of our club like this? Why haven't we approached David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers who have worked in the English premier successfully .

in my opinion the route we are taking is high risk gamble that we do not have to take!!!

You would hope that we have a plan a,b,c etc and have/are talking to a few different people - i would be surprised if we havent sounded out moyes and rodgers if even out of due dilligence of the recruitment process.

yep, we're going french because its a benefit to the 5 players in the squad we have that speak french, the other 40 odd players we have on our books apparently dont matter...

As long as he's fluent in English, who cares?

If he doesn't speak English, your bolded point has merit. Otherwise it's nonsense.

that was kind of my point, my comment was because of the article in the sun, it goes further than the article previously quoted by someone else and says something ridiculous like a villa insider claiming we'd prefer to go for a french manager because it would benefit the 5 french players at the club completely ignoring the fact that we have 10x as many players that dont speak french

its rubbish journalism

yep, we're going french because its a benefit to the 5 players in the squad we have that speak french, the other 40 odd players we have on our books apparently dont matter...

If he doesn't speak English, your bolded point has merit. Otherwise it's nonsense.

that was kind of my point, my comment was because of the article in the sun, it goes further than the article previously quoted by someone else and says something ridiculous like a villa insider claiming we'd prefer to go for a french manager because it would benefit the 5 french players at the club completely ignoring the fact that we have 10x as many players that dont speak french

its rubbish journalism

gotcha :)

And you know we haven't how?

Did Brian Laudrup ever go into management?

im sure he survived a serious illness a few seasons back. Was a great player to watch on TV when i was younger but little did I realise then it was only the Scottish league

Is it 5? Senderos, Gana, Veretout, Gestede, Cissokho, Traore, Ayew, Sanchez, Nzogbia, Okore i assume all speak French

Let's be frank about this, certain managers have been sounded out, the likes of Moyes, Rodgers, etc. This is standard in football, now if you don't get the response you want why are you gonna peruse deeper. Rodgers don't want any job at the mo cause of his severance pay. Moyes has always said he wants to see out the season in Spain. So forget them 2. Now look at the structure of the club with a sporting director, it's quite obvious that some of our foreign player brought in this term we on the back of his recommendations. And it's quite clear that the club are looking towards a continental type of manager, and why not? Lambert was touted as the best British manager out side the premier league when we installed him. Sherwood was the next big thing when we installed him so why not go left field. Doesn't matter whether we get coco the clown or Jose mourinho, the fact is the task is huge, there is an 80% that the new manager will fail in his target of keeping us up. We need approx 36 points from 84 available that 43%, equate that into the course of a 38 game season that's a team looking at getting 52 points however we have effectively given them a 10 game head start so now we gotta have the same sort of form of a team hoping to finish in Europa places 6/7 or even 8th. Let's make no mistake this is the impossible task, so whoever comes in has to have our full unequivocal support, if we are to go down let's do it with our heads held high and not slate the manager for that and hope that he too is the man to bring us straight back up.

UTV

• Like 1

??? Seriously? You haven't a clue who we or haven't approached. I'd say Garde's reputation in France is a lot higher than Moyes or Rodgers is in England at the minute. We sacked Sherwood on Sunday it seems we had already identified Garde as the one we wanted by all accounts he wants to come but wants his back room staff. I would rather wait a few days for our number 1 target than to leave it straight away. However takes over will be a gamble but I believe the squad is better than where we are we've just been badly managed. Whether or not a manager has been successful in the prem makes little difference Overall I'm sure there's a list on here showing both the good and bad but what matters he's the right man for the squad. 

i think the truth is somewhere between gaz and naz.

We have a huge challenge to avoid the drop.  We are in a deep hole and need a dramatic improvement.   But we have a solid squad of talented players and if we get the right players in the right formation, playing to their strengths in a cohesive game plan, we have good reason to be optimistic about it.

But, there will be some stumbles along the way and we will need to ride those out and stay behind them, because rebuilding confidence is a delicate thing.

• Like 2

When Redknapp took over spurs they were 4 pts adrift at the bottom of the league with 2pts with 8 games played.  

Im not in any way saying Redknapp should get the job but only pointing out we are far from gone.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7691457.stm

Exactly. So much football to be played. Leicester were miles off with about 10 games to go then suddenly turned it around. This sin't over by the long way

• Like 2