New manager

KJT123

The same Zenit St Petersburg who couldn't prevent their best striker from moving to West Bromwich Albion?

Not much they could do, to be fair. In preparation for the World Cup, the number of foreign players in each team has been restricted. So they sacrificed Rondon on that basis.

Edited by Isa
  • Like 1

Remi garde would be as big of a risk as sherwood imo.

Zero idea how you come to this conclusion.

Its not the worst shout, neither start off proven in our league.  There's not a great deal to say either will be a success.

Remi seems to have the better report from previous clubs of the two.  But without hindsight Sherwood was by large in the same frame as Remi.

I will ask again as I am still to get an answer, what do you mean by "our league"? What makes the Premier League such a mythical, impenetrable place to manage? Because "our" teams don't seem to be doing so well in Europe right now, whilst "inexperienced" managers like Pochettino seem to be doing fine over here.

Football is a universal language. Give me Johnny Foreigner over Tony Pulis any day of the week.

DDoesn't really matter how you dress it, not having done anything in out league is not having done anything in our league.  The last I checked were not in Europe, and probably won't be for a long time.

For etopy foreign success story there are plenty of failures.  3 years in the French league isn't wholly impressive, and doesn't necessarily convert to doing well in the premier league.

Listen, I'm pragmatic in the approach...I'm 100% not against this guy but I'm going to make no assumptions that he can do the business in our league that he's supposed to have done for a fee years in the French league.  It means didly squat, or at least it affirms absolutely nothing about what he'll achieve here.

He'll get my support 100%, and its kind of an exciting appointment...

Any word on my man Jocelyn Gourvennec?

eh eh..... Come on ill be rich if this comes offf

@ABevington11: Among the various managers names being pushed for the Villa job, Jocelyn Gourvennec of EA Guingamp would be a strong candidate. #Villa

Its not the worst shout, neither start off proven in our league.  There's not a great deal to say either will be a success.Remi seems to have the better report from previous clubs of the two.  But without hindsight Sherwood was by large in the same frame as Remi.

I will ask again as I am still to get an answer, what do you mean by "our league"? What makes the Premier League such a mythical, impenetrable place to manage? Because "our" teams don't seem to be doing so well in Europe right now, whilst "inexperienced" managers like Pochettino seem to be doing fine over here.

Football is a universal language. Give me Johnny Foreigner over Tony Pulis any day of the week.

DDoesn't really matter how you dress it, not having done anything in out league is not having done anything in our league.  The last I checked were not in Europe, and probably won't be for a long time.

For etopy foreign success story there are plenty of failures.  3 years in the French league isn't wholly impressive, and doesn't necessarily convert to doing well in the premier league.

Listen, I'm pragmatic in the approach...I'm 100% not against this guy but I'm going to make no assumptions that he can do the business in our league that he's supposed to have done for a fee years in the French league.  It means didly squat, or at least it affirms absolutely nothing about what he'll achieve here.

Ok.

Let me rephrase that...

Why would his achievement not convert to the premier league? As you rightly point out, we're not talking about a team full of superstars. I think you misunderstood my point about Europe.

Football is football, management is management. In any language. We're not talking about a Japanese business man who needs to adjust to the culture, he's a football manager. In that sense, it's not a complicated role.

There are plenty of failures in management full stop. I seriously doubt that nationality is of any consequence whatsoever.

Any word on my man Jocelyn Gourvennec?

eh eh..... Come on ill be rich if this comes offf

@ABevington11: Among the various managers names being pushed for the Villa job, Jocelyn Gourvennec of EA Guingamp would be a strong candidate. #Villa

The French Klopp.

Its not the worst shout, neither start off proven in our league.  There's not a great deal to say either will be a success.Remi seems to have the better report from previous clubs of the two.  But without hindsight Sherwood was by large in the same frame as Remi.

Ok.

Let me rephrase that...

Why would his achievement not convert to the premier league? As you rightly point out, we're not talking about a team full of superstars. I think you misunderstood my point about Europe.

Football is football, management is management. In any language. We're not talking about a Japanese business man who needs to adjust to the culture, he's a football manager. In that sense, it's not a complicated role.

There are plenty of failures in management full stop. I seriously doubt that nationality is of any consequence whatsoever.

Why wwouldn't it?  Because it doesn't, it a actually doesn't, many times as have been shown by many foreign managers that fail in the premier league but come from doing great in other leagues.  They even then return to their respective leagues and do well again...

The tactics and everything about European football is different, the pace / the brutality all factors that change a style you learn and apply well but doesn't apply to doing well in the premier league...against other premier league sides.

Point to make, I believe only you have talked about nationality.  I do not see nationality as the deciding factor, mourino is not English but I think he's one of the best in the prem.  Many English managers are shite in the prem too...

To me its about proving yourself in respective leagues, but these don't always cross over between leagues...finger in the air more than likely not in many cases.

And there's no reason why remi can't cut it in the prem, certainly not any more or less than any one else with no prem experience regardless of nationality.  But doing well in the French league says nothing about what they will acheive here.

DDoesn't really matter how you dress it, not having done anything in out league is not having done anything in our league.  The last I checked were not in Europe, and probably won't be for a long time.For etopy foreign success story there are plenty of failures.  3 years in the French league isn't wholly impressive, and doesn't necessarily convert to doing well in the premier league.

Ok.

Let me rephrase that...

Why wwouldn't it?  Because it doesn't, it a actually doesn't, many times as have been shown by many foreign managers that fail in the premier league but come from doing great in other leagues.  They even then return to their respective leagues and do well again...

The tactics and everything about European football is different, the pace / the brutality all factors that change a style you learn and apply well but doesn't apply to doing well in the premier league...against other premier league sides.

Point to make, I believe only you have talked about nationality.  I do not see nationality as the deciding factor, mourino is not English but I think he's one of the best in the prem.  Many English managers are shite in the prem too...

To me its about proving yourself in respective leagues, but these don't always cross over between leagues...finger in the air more than likely not in many cases.

And there's no reason why remi can't cut it in the prem, certainly not any more or less than any one else with no prem experience regardless of nationality.  But doing well in the French league says nothing about what they will acheive here.

You mention Mourinho.

So yeah, quality is what matters rather than where they come from. Absolutely agree.

I didn't even mention Jurgen Klopp, would rather wait and see how he gets on. But if he falls it won't be because of a lack of premier league experience.

I'd rather have a manager with his full backroom staff in place than Garde on his own made up with a mishmash of others

We have tried that in the past and it's proved to be a constant failure with the position were in the new manager needs to hit the ground running from day one and having people he knows well and trusts around him will make his job easier

Neil - I can't edit on Tapatalk but I never said that he would succeed. Only that premier league experience is completely irrelevant these days. Because it is proven to be so.

I disagree, there have bbeen enough failures to demonstrate it is important..spurs have been through countless foreign managers alone.  It's not the be all and end all, and it isn't essential for success either...

However without demonstrating that you can be successful in the premiership then being successful in other leagues doesn't say much.

ll also don't agree in getting managers just for "premier league experience" alone.  Of all the shit available on the market today with experience, I wouldn't take any of them...because their experience was pretty shit to mediocre.  Managers with good experience in the prem, as in achieving well, will never become available to us.

Probably our best bet is chancing the best from other leagues if they're available.  But if a good proven prem manager was available, I'd favor them in a heart beat.

Remember man city and Chelsea also go through the best managers from other leagues.  They don't last long.

AVB has proven with 2 good sides that he may not fit the Premier League, we don't need him proving it with a shit side too, so I'm glad he's doing well where he is.

He's a prime example of what im talking about, i wouldnt want him to come to the villa.

I don't mind AVB, not saying he would be my first choice, just that I think he was a little hard done by during his time in this country.

Sacked by Chelsea (who hasn't been?), think they went on to win the champions league that season, so he couldn't have left them in too much of a sorry state.

Did alright at spurs, got the best out of Bale and then seemingly saw all the transfer funds from his sale go on purchases made by Levy.

N.b. I have no certainty that was the case regarding Levy, but it certainly seemed like it.