New manager

KJT123

With the predicament were in we don't have the luxury of being able to scrub fixtures off the board because the team is Man City or Spurs

We need points and we should be set up to go into games trying to get maximum points regardless of how good the opposition is

Sherwood should have gone weeks ago and now were paying the price if the above is true

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 3

Thankfully I don't believe Colley (as with most) has any real clue what goes on when it comes to the upper echelons of the club, or I may have been a tad concerned reading that. 

So if this is true,  why would we wait around? Why not just say to Garde "look Remi, the job's yours if you want it. We'll get your choice of backroom staff in at the earliest opportunity,  but we need a decision in the next day or two".

I was  pleasantly surprised when I heard we were so far along with Garde so soon after sacking Sherwood, so I'd be surprised if we didn't have backup choices we could go to if things went South. Could use it to force his hand? ?

What I don't understand is this whole permission thing, does the Lyon guy have to get the clubs permission to talk to villa? Or is this just a polite way of doing things?

I think we run the risk of UEFA/FIFA sanctions far outweighing what the eventual compo for Baticle would end up if we were to talk to him without permission, as he's contracted to the club. Would be similar to tapping up a player. 

3 matches? It does not take 2-3 weeks to find a manager or reach agreements on realising staff at other clubs. There is no way the club is going to 'wait around' for Remi for it not to happen. 

Pete Colley knows nout anyway. 

My guts telling me the staff won't come so Garde won't.  I hope I'm wrong. 

I find that difficult to believe personally. Just like we clearly did with Sherwood while Lambert was manager, we must have sounded out Garde beforehand. At which point the first thing he would have done is made his own checks to see if his team would be receptive. So if their inclusion is the dealbreaker and they don't want in, then the move would have ended before it began. 

Edited by Isa
  • Like 2