New manager

KJT123

Really? His post seemed to be quite obviously joining in on the joke. :unsure:

Erm, OK? That's funny? 

Well, I wouldn't be awarding it no 'perrier' but still... :)

Oh wait! I see now! Hahah. Yes. It's at last arrived in my brain. :) It's a masterful example of the middlingly droll remark.

Alan Nixon revealing Christophe Galtier as the mystery manager he eluded to earlier: 

ASTON VILLA will switch their search for a new boss to Saint-Etienne’s Christophe Galtier if Remi Garde stalls much longer.

Villa are growing restless in the wait for Garde and top insiders reveal that respected Galtier is their next choice.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6712823/Galtiers-in-fashion-for-Villa.html

Edited by Isa

Alan Nixon revealing Galtier as the mystery manager he eluded to yesterday: 

ASTON VILLA will switch their search for a new boss to Saint-Etienne’s Christophe Galtier if Remi Garde stalls much longer.

Villa are growing restless in the wait for Garde and top insiders reveal that respected Galtier is their next choice.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6712823/Galtiers-in-fashion-for-Villa.html

Sant Tyen Tyen is my little Leeg Uh love. I treasure my green "Allez Les Verts!" scarf.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

Oh wait! I see now! Hahah. Yes. It's at last arrived in my brain. :) It's a masterful example of the middlingly droll remark.

It may not have had you or anyone else rolling in the aisles but I doubt it warranted your original response. ;)

Is it the club are planning a French manager no matter what or the media putting 2 + 2 and getting 5 if Garde turns it down

That would be kind of stupid. Thank heavens, our board is never that. But seriously, in this case, I think they may be onto something. Gaultier is good.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

It may not have had you or anyone else rolling in the aisles but I doubt it warranted your original response. ;)

No, it certainly didn't! 

• Like 1

I hope the club is just bluffing with mention of another French manager in its sights. Still, Christophe Galtier is a really decent manager. Saint Etienne has done quite well under him. It's not like he's a terrible second choice, and also, he's a real workhorse of a manager. But I don't quite see why he would leave St. Etienne for Villa. I can't see it. They've been consistetly in the top part of the table. Indeed, I can see a case for Galtier being a better choice than Garde.

OK, now I'm completely wondering why we didn't go for Galtier in the first place lol. :P

Edited by Marka Ragnos

Is it the club are planning a French manager no matter what or the media putting 2 + 2 and getting 5 if Garde turns it down

I bloody hope so now I've changed my avatar ;)

Edited by av1

Galtier's interesting. More than twice the experience of Garde as a manger but his experience is limited to the French league only (Garde played in the prem at least). 

I'm a good manger too I love my food and drink think I got a chance here. Might put myself forward. I'm a shit manager at football mind. 

• Like 3

Galtier was a candidate when we took lambert on and also I believe when w,e took Sherwood on too. I get the impression that fox and halmstadt are looking at a continental manager pref one who speaks French and English.

Spot on. Just look at West Ham the job Fat Sam did and then their decision to replace him. Which is exactly what Lerner should have done with O'Neill 12 months before his departure.

Do you really think there'd be even a 1% chance he'd be brave enough to do this and smart enough to pick someone who could improve on O'Neill? I don't. He'd most likely have started the downward spiral of Houllier-McLeish-Lambert-Sherwood a year earlier.