Mourico Pochettino

Ronald Koeman

José Mourinho

Slavan Bilic

Louis van Gaal

Arsene Wenger

Roberto Martinez

Manuel Pellegrini

Not a single minutes premier league experience before they came, different levels of relative experience elsewhere granted.

Times are changing, they've already changed, about time we got with the program. Or we could settle for Steve Bruce. I hear Tim Sherwood and Paul Lambert are looking for work too.

Quite true but theres also a lot that have failed.

Venglos

Di Caneo

Scolari

Ardiles

Gross

Perrin

Ramos

Advocaat

Moyes is the name at the top of my list purely because I'd feel we'd be safe the minute we announced it. Same would be true for Allardyce and Pulis. Guaranteed not to be pretty. But would surprise everyone if they got themselves relegated. Shame none of them are available huh, But all 3 of them would at least make sure we kept posession from our own feckin throw ins ffs. Its too long and too many managers ago Ive been bleeting on about throw ins that Ive lost faith in the players and im fairly meh about Garde or anyone being able to get through to them tbh. The hope is still with and in the new players coz we know the others are ok-ish over 38 games.

• Like 1

Mourico Pochettino

Ronald Koeman

José Mourinho

Slavan Bilic

Louis van Gaal

Arsene Wenger

Roberto Martinez

Manuel Pellegrini

Not a single minutes premier league experience before they came, different levels of relative experience elsewhere granted.

Times are changing, they've already changed, about time we got with the program. Or we could settle for Steve Bruce. I hear Tim Sherwood and Paul Lambert are looking for work too.

Venglos

Di Caneo

Scolari

Ardiles

Gross

Perrin

Ramos

Advocaat

Add ddimatteo, poyet and even Mancini / benitez.

Mourico Pochettino

Ronald Koeman

José Mourinho

Slavan Bilic

Louis van Gaal

Arsene Wenger

Roberto Martinez

Manuel Pellegrini

Venglos

Di Caneo

Scolari

Ardiles

Gross

Perrin

Ramos

Advocaat

Add ddimatteo, poyet and even Mancini / benitez.

It should be fairly obvious that I've named current managers only there. As in current managers in the modern game, I've not had to go back 15 years or more to find examples of failures when the game WAS different.

Mourico Pochettino

Ronald Koeman

José Mourinho

Slavan Bilic

Louis van Gaal

Arsene Wenger

Roberto Martinez

Manuel Pellegrini

Venglos

Di Caneo

Scolari

Ardiles

Gross

Perrin

Ramos

Advocaat

That was, sort of, his point.

Managers succeed and fail regardless of what experience they do and don't have.

A good manager is a good manager.

• Like 1

Please stop mentioning AVB is making others will laugh at our level of delusion and ignorance. 

Why are you taking any and every opportunity to put the club down? I don't see any reason why he wouldn't consider us if he wanted to return to England. You're acting as if we're this tiny little club no-one's ever heard of. This is the most popular league in the world and a lot of managers would jump at the chance to manage here.

We're allegedly on the verge of appointing a manager Lyon were desperate to keep. Garde reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League. What exactly has AVB done so amazingly that he's out of our reach? Win the league with the richest team in Russia? Not exactly an amazing feat. He failed at Chelsea and Spurs sacked him, rightly or wrongly.

The Champions league is great, but if that's the argument your using, why do Celtic never end up with any managers who have a pedigree in the top European leagues? Because their domestic league is a joke. Not dis-similar to the Russian league.

But if you choose to wollow is self-pity and laugh at others for showing "ambition" and generally just speculating, you're more than welcome. Just don't expect them to be very forgiving when you're found to be talking utter bollocks, as you've been doing recently.

• Like 2

When I foreign Manager fails at a club it could be for a number of reasons, maybe they are not a good fit for that particular club, maybe they just aren't very good at their job.

The automatic conclusion that they have failed because they haven't/cannot adapt to English football is a pretty lazy IMO. 

A lot of the names above, Di canio for instance. He didn't fail because of the English game, he failed because he is bat shit crazy and a crap football Manager.

Edited by av1

I feel like the discussion has been twisted and I'm now having to defend an opinion that managers coming in from abroad are predisposed to succeed when I've not suggested anything of the sort. Of course there are failures, as there will be in any high level profession.

The ONLY question that should matter to us is whether he is a forward thinking, highly motivated, progressive football manager and whether he possesses the skills to potentially turn our fortunes around. Everything else, including experience, is basically irrelevant.

someone assuming that because you contest one hyperbolic and factually dubious opinion you steadfastly believe in the polar opposite of that opinion? Here? on VillaTalk?

I'm not having it.

• Like 2

Seriously who cares where they come from? as long they are capable of doing the job.

I see the list of foreign managers who have successfully managed clubs and those who haven't but there have been many homegrown managers who have failed so just get the man. (I have no idea who that is though)

I'm obviously worried because whoever it is has a very difficult job to do, as we have seen Sherwood was the latest to fail. 

We can't afford another mistake.

• Like 1

I feel like the discussion has been twisted and I'm now having to defend an opinion that managers coming in from abroad are predisposed to succeed when I've not suggested anything of the sort. Of course there are failures, as there will be in any high level profession.

The ONLY question that should matter to us is whether he is a forward thinking, highly motivated, progressive football manager and whether he possesses the skills to potentially turn our fortunes around. Everything else, including experience, is basically irrelevant.

You're going to look mighty foolish when Garde doesn't win us the league like you've guaranteed...

• Like 3

You're going to look mighty foolish when Garde doesn't win us the league like you've guaranteed...

[Slightly dickish response-post removed.]

Edited by Marka Ragnos