New manager

KJT123

Lambert wasn't given time?  Jesus, I suppose if you judge that by wengers standards he might have a point... 

Wasn't Lambert the second longest serving manager in the PL when we sacked him?

He was. 

Surely not? Gregory, MON and even O'leary had at least 3 full seasons

I think he means at the time of his sacking he was the second longest serving manager in the league at that time behind Wenger

Lambert wasn't given time?  Jesus, I suppose if you judge that by wengers standards he might have a point... 

Wasn't Lambert the second longest serving manager in the PL when we sacked him?

He was. 

Surely not? Gregory, MON and even O'leary had at least 3 full seasons

Think you are misunderstanding what I said.

With regards to Lyon not releasing Garde's preferred back room staff, if they want to come, then surely it's best to let them go? They could just walk couldn't they? Then Lyon would have to go to a tribunal to get compensation. I'd think they've already been sounded out by Garde, and are keen to join up with him again, so it's probably just a case of waiting for Lyon to find replacements.

• Like 2

Does anyone know if Lambert was one of the longest serving managers in the premier league at the time of his sacking?

Was he on loan from Norwich, though?

Wait, could we have him and Grant Holt on loan at the same time?

Hmmmm...

• Like 1

I believe Remi will be the new manager with or without his staff.

As pacbuddies has mentioned, there might be a notice period if they do hand in their papers, so I'm hoping he comes on board himself asap and for a period of a few weeks works with whatever is here.  MacDonald, Cowans etc etc, and then the boys come across from France when they've served their time.  That's the hope anyway.

• Like 1

I hate that. Of our last 10 managers, 2 were non-British.

I wonder how often they suggest a Brit should be given a chance at one of the big boys while they're creaming themselves over Jose, Klopp, LVG, Wenger, Martinez etc.

• Like 4

Good point Deadly.  Now granted, they were both working under difficult conditions, but I suspect most would be.  No-one has a blank cheque.  Over 90% of vacancies are because a club have sacked a manager during a bad run.  You rarely take over a smoothly running ship.  We've given 2 up and coming British managers an opportunity and for whatever reason, both have come up short.  You never hear Sky mentioning that.

Good point Deadly.  Now granted, they were both working under difficult conditions, but I suspect most would be.  No-one has a blank cheque.  Over 90% of vacancies are because a club have sacked a manager during a bad run.  You rarely take over a smoothly running ship.  We've given 2 up and coming British managers an opportunity and for whatever reason, both have come up short.  You never hear Sky mentioning that.

One up and coming manager and one Tim Sherwood

• Like 1