New manager

KJT123

Villa fans moaning that this hasn’t been sorted is up there with a fart in a lift, **** annoying!

Its always the clubs, Lerner’s, Fox’s fault isn’t it, why is it always one sided? How about we’re doing everything we can just the other party is busy, or they’ve lost their dog or had a family emergency? Nope its Villa’s fault.

• Like 1

Villa fans moaning that this hasn’t been sorted is up there with a fart in a lift, **** annoying!

Its always the clubs, Lerner’s, Fox’s fault isn’t it, why is it always one sided? How about we’re doing everything we can just the other party is busy, or they’ve lost their dog or had a family emergency? Nope its Villa’s fault.

It hasn't even been a week either since Sherwood left.

Rodgers to Chelsea would remove a good plan B if he would have come here.

Garde being a free agent should really mean we have more cash to throw at Lyon in compo surely?

I'm not sure it's about compensation to Lyon, it's the fact they have a big Champions League match coming up.  I suspect Garde will be appointed but won't take charge for Spurs, then the back room staff will come after midweek.

• Like 2

Our net spend was bigger  than spurs, stoke, and southampton. Only 4 clubs spent more money than us. If Lerner has trousered all the Benteke & Delph fees I would be more angry. On paper this is potentially the best squad we have had post 2011, with upfront the only major weakness.  On paper it should be good enough for a  lower mid table spot- but that is going to be hard work now. It is down more to the manager unable to utilize it, hence why we are looking for a new boss. Again.

In the summer I'd probably agree with you but now I don't think so. Also those clubs you mentioned didn't have to rebuild nearly a whole team, they were adding to squads that had already performed well. Huge difference.

Our keeper situation is the same, Guzan still has no competition.

I'd say defence is better but we haven't been able to see Richards and Okore yet. 

Midfield is not better than last year.

Attack is much worse than last year.

We have bit more strength in depth but when the starting 11 lacks such quality it doesn't really make much difference.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/arsenal-press-conference-live-arsene-6732885

Arsene Wenger on Garde

On Remi Garde: “I am convinced he is a front runner. He has some problems to sort out with his assistants who work with Lyon. I believe it is a challenge he should take.

“Advice? You know our job is about personality and having the courage to live with your ideas.”

Wenger said: “Honestly I have a lot of respect for all the managers at Villa.

“I believe Sherwood was not given time. Lambert was not given time. I don’t know why.

“Remi is an intelligent man who is now experienced. He will try to get his ideas across and hopefully he can work. They have five or six French players who have not all had an impact.”

What if his staff just don't want to come? 

I'd guess that conversations have already been held - we wouldn't have gone to their club if they weren't willing?

Can't imagine Lyon suddenly saying to the press we want them but can't have them if initial conversations weren't had along the lines of "are you up for it? if we work to make it happen will you come?"

As mentioned above, they've got a CL game, I'd expect if its to happen, it'll happen after that for them. If Garde does come in beforehand (as rumoured above...) then can safely assume we'll get them in too.

• Like 1

Work for a champions league club in a lovely city or come to Birmingham and work for  Villa....................

People come and work in England from all manner of lovely cities around the world. 

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

Work for a champions league club in a lovely city or come to Birmingham and work for  Villa....................

People come and work in England from all manner of lovely cities around the world. 

££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

I think you would have to be borderline insane to work at Villa under Lerner and Co regardless of how much he paid you

Lambert wasn't given time?  Jesus, I suppose if you judge that by wengers standards he might have a point... 

Wasn't Lambert the second longest serving manager in the PL when we sacked him?

He was. 

Surely not? Gregory, MON and even O'leary had at least 3 full seasons

Lambert wasn't given time?  Jesus, I suppose if you judge that by wengers standards he might have a point... 

Wasn't Lambert the second longest serving manager in the PL when we sacked him?

He was. 

Surely not? Gregory, MON and even O'leary had at least 3 full seasons

Longest serving in the league at the time we sacked him, I think they mean. 

• Like 1