New manager

KJT123

It doesn't really matter too much who we get in. Whoever gets the job has to work with players sought after by the money men, on a budget that someone on Bargain Hunt would be proud of! Good luck to whoever gets the job, they're gonna need it. 

It matters so so much who we get in as manager, we have good players and all we are missing is a good manager. Sherwood made us look so bad and I just hope too much damage hasn't been done by him. How you can say our budget is similar to bargain hunt I don't understand, we spent £55m and obviously were paying good wages as Richards is meant to be on £65k a week and Traore is getting £40k per week which could rise to £70k so our other signings would be similar. I'd say this summer we spent the most since Mon blew it all down the swanny.

we did buy 10 players with that money, which for premiership standards is probably pretty low. We were all blown away because of how shit we've been but that's not a huge amount to basically buy a new team.  Also we didn't buy anyone close to the level we lost in benteke and delph. 

I'm not saying it was a perfect window Cus it wasn't but we spent big and look to of paid big wages out. I think a good manager will have a decent squad to work with except maybe upfront where I feel in Gestede, Gabby and Sinclair we are very limited. I'd like to see Ayew play upfront Cus his close control can make things happen in the opponents box, he will run the channels and is strong. Kozak is another option there as well for similar reasons but ultimately a striker like Charlie Austin would be needed in January.

• Like 1

Our net spend was bigger  than spurs, stoke, and southampton. Only 4 clubs spent more money than us. If Lerner has trousered all the Benteke & Delph fees I would be more angry. On paper this is potentially the best squad we have had post 2011, with upfront the only major weakness.  On paper it should be good enough for a  lower mid table spot- but that is going to be hard work now. It is down more to the manager unable to utilize it, hence why we are looking for a new boss. Again.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

See, Benteke aside, you could say in some areas we actually replaced the departed rather too well. Delph for Gana, guy who looks ok but doesn't score or assist, Cleverley for Veretout, guy who leaves the fans wondering what they do do exactly, Richards for Vlaar, Guy who's quite good but made a couple of mistakes and now has been written off as average, Senderos for Lescott, past it centreback guy, Weimann for Sinclair, guy who runs around a lot and gives the ball away, Bent for Gestede, Guy who offers little unless you put the ball on a plate for him.

• Like 3

There are so many factors involved that the combinatorics become pretty hard to work out. I'm almost convinced it's going to be him though, based on my initial well reasoned guess work, and comments on here from various posters who seem to have an uncanny knack of knowing what's going to happen next at the club.

I have been quoted twice when I have not said anything? Weird.

Stupid bloody quoting system.

You seem to appear whenever I try to quote anyone. You're like a phantom quoter!

When quoting I struggle to get the words that I type to stay on the screen without closing upthegaps, like that.

NoproblemthoughasIknowwhatImean ;)

Remi's still trading at 1.7-1.8 on betfair so no great movement in the betting. Certainly not 1/6. 8/11 in old money.

This roughly represents a 60% chance of him coming for those who don't understand odds. 

The odds-on status is indicative of us being in 'talks' but nothing beyond that atm.

It doesn't mean there is a 60% chance of him coming at all.

It means lots of people have put money on the fact he will be the next manager and then bookies have adjusted the price accordingly.

• Like 3

Stupid bloody quoting system.

You seem to appear whenever I try to quote anyone. You're like a phantom quoter!

When quoting I struggle to get the words that I type to stay on the screen without closing upthegaps, like that.

NoproblemthoughasIknowwhatImean ;)

yeahihadthatbutifixeditnow

• Like 1

the new site is great. But the quoting is the one big negative. It's completely ****.

yup, the quoting is crap. especially from a mobile

Edited by KHV