New manager

KJT123

It doesn't really matter too much who we get in. Whoever gets the job has to work with players sought after by the money men, on a budget that someone on Bargain Hunt would be proud of! 

Good luck to whoever gets the job, they're gonna need it. 

It matters so so much who we get in as manager, we have good players and all we are missing is a good manager. Sherwood made us look so bad and I just hope too much damage hasn't been done by him. How you can say our budget is similar to bargain hunt I don't understand, we spent £55m and obviously were paying good wages as Richards is meant to be on £65k a week and Traore is getting £40k per week which could rise to £70k so our other signings would be similar. I'd say this summer we spent the most since Mon blew it all down the swanny.

If he wants people and they are already employed why don't they just resign? Doubt they'd be unemployed for too long

Maybe they have a contract of employment that requires them to give a certain amount of notice and if they just quit and rock up at AVFC some smart lawyer might take them to the cleaners.

We may or not hear something tomorrow. But we'll hear something at some point, and we'll be able to say such-and-such person (could well be Remi Garde) is the new Aston Villa Manager.

Well that's cleared that up then.

As clear as 50/50.

• Like 1

We may or not hear something tomorrow. But we'll hear something at some point, and we'll be able to say such-and-such person (could well be Remi Garde) is the new Aston Villa Manager.

Nothing gets past you mate!

• Like 1

Maybe they have a non compete clause?

The idea that Lyon and Aston Villa compete with each other is farcical. I get your jist though, same industry. Usually the greater the geographical distance the less likely a non-compete is enforceable. The fact we're not in the same competitions also helps.

Then again, I'm not a French employment law expert... but that's two things that would be considered if it was over here.

Edited by NulliSecundus

It doesn't really matter too much who we get in. Whoever gets the job has to work with players sought after by the money men, on a budget that someone on Bargain Hunt would be proud of! 

Good luck to whoever gets the job, they're gonna need it. 

It matters so so much who we get in as manager, we have good players and all we are missing is a good manager. Sherwood made us look so bad and I just hope too much damage hasn't been done by him. How you can say our budget is similar to bargain hunt I don't understand, we spent £55m and obviously were paying good wages as Richards is meant to be on £65k a week and Traore is getting £40k per week which could rise to £70k so our other signings would be similar. I'd say this summer we spent the most since Mon blew it all down the swanny.

we did buy 10 players with that money, which for premiership standards is probably pretty low. We were all blown away because of how shit we've been but that's not a huge amount to basically buy a new team.  Also we didn't buy anyone close to the level we lost in benteke and delph. 

At least nigel pearson has actually worked a miracle when keeping a team up. Something many were saying sherwood had done with us not too long back.

I don't want nigel pearson don't get me wrong, but he's only as uninspiring as the rest were linked with.

At least nigel pearson has actually worked a miracle when keeping a team up. Something many were saying sherwood had done with us not too long back.

I don't want nigel pearson don't get me wrong, but he's only as uninspiring as the rest were linked with.

well, he did also get them into the mess in the first place.

• Like 1

I don't want Garde unless he repeatedly says 'erm' in that experienced allo allo tone during all tv interviews.

If you're lucky, we might hire Renè as one of Garde's coaches.

Hang on a minute... 'Remi'... 'René'.... I'm sensing an opportunity for a comical 'Allo 'Allo scene with speech bubbles, replacing 'Renè's name with 'Remi'. Oh yes. This will happen. I have foreseen it.

In my experience of hiring people from French companies (even when outside France), there is a 3 month notice period.  Applies even for even for junior or grad level staff, believe this is part of the french labour law and is enforced ...  My guess is they could quite easily just resign, but Lyon would almost certainly make them work the 3 months out, unless Villa come to the party and pay some form of compensation.

In my experience of hiring people from French companies (even when outside France), there is a 3 month notice period.  Applies even for even for junior or grad level staff, believe this is part of the french labour law and is enforced ...  My guess is they could quite easily just resign, but Lyon would almost certainly make them work the 3 months out, unless Villa come to the party and pay some form of compensation.

is kidnapping an option?

I guess the delay may be due to the club not wanting to pay the money the clubs want to let their staff join us in much the same way that the club did not want to pay for the sort of players that would not have left us bottom of the table now. Get this sorted now Villa something other than the anticipated defeat at Spurs may make a very big difference at the end of the season.