New manager

KJT123

Meanwhile on planet deluded.....

Not only has Dwight Yorke thrown his hat in the ring for the job but now he is saying how he has Sir Alex 'let me write you a letter' Ferguson's backing.

Proving once and for all Dwight is very much in touch with us as a fan base, Holte End hero that he is [emoji4]

I'd love to have an honest chat with him and just remind him of some his actions and ask him how he thinks we view him and why we no longer sing his song the way we do for other ex players. I get the feeling he hasn't got a clue.

There's nothing quite like a Sir Alex Ferguson letter of recommendation. 

Might ask SAF to write me a letter of recommendation next time I go for a promotion. Do you think he knows much about the gas industry? Either way it will get me the job!

• Like 2

You are not welcome here Dwight. 

47_dwight_yorke.jpg

Dwight Yorke - "Birmingham are regarded as bigger than Aston Villa."

"I lived here for nine years and people have always said that Birmingham supporters are much greater in the city."

Bad enough he said this, but this isn't even the reason no sane Villa fan wants him anywhere near the managers job!

Obviously he said that to please the blosers but really a stupid thing to say i can understand why villa fans dont like him

With Collymore I think its not the same. Yes he flopped at Villa but I actually do think Stan loves the club

Dwight was a great player and entertainer for us and too be honest I don't hold any remorse to him for what happened when he left.... But there is absolutely nothing to suggest he would be a good manager or coach 

And if he wants to be one he should learn his trade in the lower leagues, not expect to walk into a top flight job.

• Like 2

I was really annoyed with Dwight when he left and for the Bluenose loving comments but he was a legend here before he clearly lost the plot for a while. It's good to see he gets annoyed with the shoddy way this club is run however and he isn't wrong really, although I do think he does us a huge disservice by trying to belittle the club in the way he does. Yes we have fallen from grace in a huge way as a result of poor leadership at all levels especially right at the top but even so!

It would be ludicrous to give him the job though and it does my head in when all these stalwarts creep out of the shadows to say we should be giving young British managers a chance!!

I think we've been down that road repeatedly have we not to no avail!! It's like we are viewed as a second rate club that simply doesn't matter so may as well use us to help break new managers in!

Lambert,

McCleish

Sherwood,

O'Leary

O'Neill

Taylor ... etc etc etc

No for me it's time this club stopped being a training ground or stop off to average British managers and ditto a stepping stone to the "BIG" clubs for players and stood on it's own merits

Sadly that won't be happening under this owner though and we remain a club plummeting downwards and will do until he departs.

Dwight was a great player and entertainer for us and too be honest I don't hold any remorse to him for what happened when he left.... But there is absolutely nothing to suggest he would be a good manager or coach 

And if he wants to be one he should learn his trade in the lower leagues, not expect to walk into a top flight job.

Either that or take self promotion lessons from Tim Sherwood.

It's ok, we have our new manager in place. They've already decided Donacien is not needed and can head out on loan. I mean that's definitive proof isn't it - not like people who aren't the manager would have any impact on our player choices...

Oh.

• Like 1

It's ok, we have our new manager in place. They've already decided Donacien is not needed and can head out on loan. I mean that's definitive proof isn't it - not like people who aren't the manager would have any impact on our player choices...

Oh.

Its strange, i thought the exact same thing when i read that he was going out on loan.  Might have already been in the pipe line but still.

Admittedly I'm being slightly sarcastic, but I just don't think it sends out a good message to be making these decisions / making them public when there is no manager. It just doesn't sit right. Bit like when we signed Ireland.

I think we've been down that road repeatedly have we not to no avail!! It's like we are viewed as a second rate club that simply doesn't matter so may as well use us to help break new managers in!

Lambert,

McCleish

Sherwood,

O'Leary

O'Neill

Taylor ... etc etc etc

One of those was a new manager, others were established, experienced managers, most (all but McLeish, I'd say)  had a good track record. What a bizarre comment.