Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

On 1/4/2016 at 17:33, imavillan said:

The silence from VP is deafening. What are they doing?

I know we are only four days into January but we need quick action. I now believe we will sign nobody as the club are prepared for relegation.

20 Days in and absolutely nothing. Surely this demonstrates the clubs useless transfer strategy.

We can either not attract anyone of any note due to our perilous position, are not willing to back Remi Garde with the required funds to have half a fighters chance, or have accepted the drop and will wait until the close season and plan for life in the championship.

I hope i am wrong, but i believe even more so now that we will not sign anyone in this window and if we do it will be of the same ilk we have signed up to now!!!!

The silence is a huge problem for us and has been always under Lerner

If we are, like I'm guessing, after plenty of players but they're rejecting us because we're too far adrift, then why aren't we leaking that? If Liverpool were after a player but he was rejecting them because they haven't got CL they'd have half of their mob in the media questioning who the **** he thinks he is, why aren't we doing the same? Adobe, byram, if we were after them and they said no why didn't we put it out there and then get Merson, collymore etc to criticise them for being billy big bollocks? We do nothing, we have absolutely no clue how to even try and use the media to influence our own fan base let alone influence football

Look at gold and Sullivan, pair of bellends, both can happily use SSN to punch above their weight, look at the venkys (the **** venkys ffs!) possibly the worst owners ever, at they knew to throw their fans a bone and put in stupid offers for raul and Ronaldinho

Our owner and his band of merry men are sat in utter silence giving off one impression and one impression only - they don't know what they're doing

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The silence is a huge problem for us and has been always under Lerner

If we are, like I'm guessing, after plenty of players but they're rejecting us because we're too far adrift, then why aren't we leaking that? If Liverpool were after a player but he was rejecting them because they haven't got CL they'd have half of their mob in the media questioning who the **** he thinks he is, why aren't we doing the same? Adobe, byram, if we were after them and they said no why didn't we put it out there and then get Merson, collymore etc to criticise them for being billy big bollocks? We do nothing, we have absolutely no clue how to even try and use the media to influence our own fan base let alone influence football

Look at gold and Sullivan, pair of bellends, both can happily use SSN to punch above their weight, look at the venkys (the **** venkys ffs!) possibly the worst owners ever, at they knew to throw their fans a bone and put in stupid offers for raul and Ronaldinho

Our owner and his band of merry men are sat in utter silence giving off one impression and one impression only - they don't know what they're doing

Remi Garde has come out and said pretty much that is the case. 

Edited by lp_villa830
  • Like 2

people here complaining that the club don't let anyone know what's going on... an article I read earlier in the day faults Remi for talking too much about targets so they become more complex and hijacked by others.

damned either way, I suppose

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, useless said:

Pretty sure Fox is meeting the trust tomorrow so maybe we'll get a better idea of what's going on then.

I am sure he will just day we're trying, doing our best etc etc. That may well be the case but I am sure they are almost certainly constrained by a limited budget, both in terms of wages and fees, and the fact it is difficult to sell the club to players given the position we are in.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, useless said:

Pretty sure Fox is meeting the trust tomoorewow so maybe we'll get a better idea of what's going on then.

He'll speak some shit which will leave everyone in the meeting feeling excited. Then as soon as they analyse what he said they'll realise it was a load of crap.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He'll speak some shit which will leave everyone in the meeting feeling excited. Then as soon as they analyse what he said they'll realise it was a load of crap.

Think shit and crap are pretty much the same thing aren't they? Joking apart, I know what you are saying here and think you are right. Bit of PR spin for an hour and get an appreciative applause but in reality think they treat us fans as being a bit dim. 

We need to bring in a couple of good loan players, players who need minutes on the pitch before the Euros.  A couple of good loanees and other players may be more convinced.

6 minutes ago, KSV said:

Linked with Vidic in the sun. Oh dear. Randy always backing his manager.  Poor Remi 

Vidic legs are gone. He makes Lescott look like Usain Bolt.

Thankfully we'll never be able to pay the wages he'll ask for.

Given our position and the fact we have lost cover in Illori and crespo not sure we are in a position to turn our noses up at a free-Vidic. 

Also not comparing them but Gods knees were shot and he was/is a legend. Just saying. 

Edited by thabucks