Transfer Speculation January 2016

Marka Ragnos

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

I am sure he will just day we're trying, doing our best etc etc. That may well be the case but I am sure they are almost certainly constrained by a limited budget, both in terms of wages and fees, and the fact it is difficult to sell the club to players given the position we are in.

We couldn't get top players, true, but across the World and outside the Top Clubs here there are plenty who would come here if the wages were right.

It's like selling a house isn't it, if nobody is buying, the price is too high, simple.

Now I'm not for a minute advocating we should pay players the earth, but I am sure (as I can be, living in ignorance !) that IF the Club had wanted to they could have paid loads, with release Clauses, and got people in.

But they don't want to.  The reason we haven't bought anyone isn't as much our posiiton as our choice.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, choffer said:

I'm not normally a negative nelly but I can't shake the thought that we'll announce Debuchy on deadline day and that will be it.

He doesn't want to come here at all. I see stories of him linked to other teams and he even said that he'd fancy a move to Leverkusen. It definitely seems like we are his last choice option aside from staying at Arsenal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

He doesn't want to come here at all. I see stories of him linked to other teams and he even said that he'd fancy a move to Leverkusen. It definitely seems like we are his last choice option aside from staying at Arsenal. 

I'm afraid to say with the position we are in, when it comes to the Premiership, we will be everyones last choice.

I'm just over a month older than Vidic, so he's 34. In his prime he was world class, I still think he'd be a big player for us, if we can get him, then we should go for it. A bit of streetwise and savvy at the back would do us the world of good.

22 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Were going to end up with someone like Sylla on the last few days of the window for 500k aren't we

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair, that worked out quite well for 4 months or so. 

Well, we did have a lorra lorra laughs.

• Like 2

I would definitely take vidic I don't actually think he would ask for a high wage and if he did we wouldn't sign him, he is a leader and would be a great presence in the dressing room. I can't comment on his fitness levels now but I would see this as a decent signing and low risk.

1 hour ago, AshVilla said:

Vidic would just be like when we signed Ronny Johnsen

Ronny Johnsen was actually quite good for us I thought...him and Mellberg were pretty solid.

Yeah Vidic, great defender in his day and all that but he looked completely finished at Inter last season, in a weaker slow Seria A and hasn't played at all this season so if we thought Lescott turned up here in a state....

• Like 1