Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

On 23/05/2018 at 11:05, Rob182 said:

I always read this thread title to the tune of Bruce Springsteen’s Born in the USA.

French Kissing in the USA by Kim Wilde.

Minor hit in late 80s, but fits better. 

52 minutes ago, Jon said:

Debbie Harry actually.

But that is also what goes through my head every time I see the thread title...

7 hours ago, Jon said:

apart from the Blondie faux pas you can just about do it to I'm So Bored of the USA by the Clash,

Which just about gets the correct amount of anger across

On 23/05/2018 at 03:05, bobzy said:

I remember one about protection maybe? But if all the guns were gone, why would you need a gun for protection?

....and thus, why are you against them being banned if it’s only a protection thing? Not having a go, I just don’t understand wanting guns at all so trying to see that side of things. 

On 23/05/2018 at 03:06, Stevo985 said:

Also it's been cited time and time again that having a gun in the house makes you MORE likely to be shot by it. So it doesn't really protect you at all.

Lads, we just have a difference of opinion.  It is legal for me to do and own everything I do firearm wise. I have answered the majority of questions on here and in the firearm enthusiast thread. It’s probably my fault for biting on somebody I think said I was as responsible for school shootings or something. So I guess until someone catches me on a line again I’ll go about my business and living in a law abiding manner! One love!

• Like 1

It's interesting to note the difference in culture between the UK, where there are calls for Raheem Sterling to be dropped from the World Cup squad for having got himself a tattoo of a gun on his calf and the US where there are arguments about whether it should be acceptable for members of the public to be armed in schools. If you want an example of how different the attitudes to guns are in the two cultures, I think Sterling is a pretty good one.

I don’t know too much about Sterling or whether he’s generally a bit of a nob. But the tattoo thing strikes me as being a bit overly pious. Perhaps we should check all the squad for dagger tattoos and make them sign a pledge never to play Call of Duty or drive a diesel in Grand Theft?

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The treatment of Sterling by the UK media is, frankly, disgusting.

It's probably for another thread, but particularly The Sun treat him like an absolute piece of shit for no apparent reason. 

I'm sure it's at least partially racially motivated. The tattoo thing is just the latest in a long line of bizarre attacks at the guy.

Clearly you've not heard about when he bought his mum a sink. The very thought of it!  

:ph34r:

• Like 1

Just now, choffer said:

Clearly you've not heard about when he bought his mum a sink. The very thought of it!  

:ph34r:

Or the time the "love rat" proposed to his "long suffering" girlfriend.

No explanation as to why he is a rat or why his girlfriend is long suffering, of course.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Or the time the "love rat" proposed to his "long suffering" girlfriend.

No explanation as to why he is a rat or why his girlfriend is long suffering, of course.

I think its because he's alleged to have cheated on her a few times. That's down to them to sort out and if she's happy to forgive him then its their business. 

I'm honestly not sure what we are supposed to take away from a story like that.

Its not enough having a gun in your house under lock and key you also need to have one holstered on your person when off duty and doing backflips in a bar, what did we expect to happen here?

Â