Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

If I was a parent of a school kid here, I'd pull them out permanently and home school them until they get their diploma. I know my sister is thinking the same thing of my 15 year old nephew.

52 minutes ago, Genie said:

How did they get powerful? Seems like they throw a lot of money at politicians, where do they get their money from? It is “membership” fees?

I would hazard a guess the gun manufacturers throw them a few (million) dollars anyway. 

24 minutes ago, villa89 said:

I would hazard a guess the gun manufacturers throw them a few (million) dollars anyway. 

I think playing the long game the first step would be to cut off their money sources, then they’d have less to throw at politicians, less power etc. Obviously this needs a very strong politician to start the ball rolling.

Obama should have done that before he bottled the fight.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, maqroll said:

If I was a parent of a school kid here, I'd pull them out permanently and home school them until they get their diploma. I know my sister is thinking the same thing of my 15 year old nephew.

It’s amazing to see the security at American schools on TV shows. Metal scanners on the entrances, police patrolling etc. 

Still makes no difference it seems. 

54 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s amazing to see the security at American schools on TV shows. Metal scanners on the entrances, police patrolling etc. 

Not all school though, just those that are deemed in “bad areas” or have had a incident in the recent past

3 hours ago, Genie said:

The scanners institutionalize the kids and gets them used to it an early age. It's sick. I used to work at a school in the Bronx. The school police treated the kids like shit at the door. They would empty their bags on the floor, bully them, make them line up outside in the rain just because they had power over them. It was disgusting.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Absolute madness. The blood of innocent American school children is on the hands of every single gun lobby advocate, from innocuous citizens who have never commited or witnessed an act of violence to the deplorable, corrupt politicians that know that inaction leads to the slaughter of innocent children. They're all a part of a system that has normalised and excuses gun violence towards children and other innocent civilians. 

Disgusting. Make it stop.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Absolute madness. The blood of innocent American school children is on the hands of every single gun lobby advocate, from innocuous citizens who have never commited or witnessed an act of violence to the deplorable, corrupt politicians that know that inaction leads to the slaughter of innocent children. They're all a part of a system that has normalised and excuses gun violence towards children and other innocent civilians. 

Disgusting. Make it stop.

Mate. I get this is a very emotional and sensitive and tragic issue/topic. But do you really think that? 

I am trying thru text to sound as least confrontational as possible.  

6 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Mate. I get this is a very emotional and sensitive and tragic issue/topic. But do you really think that? 

Yes I do. 

I genuinely think that guns are unnecessary, and if you insist on carrying then you're part of the problem, you're condoning gun violence. You can't blame it all on bad guys and the mentally ill, shooting people with guns is as American as Apple Pie and Girdiron. The president even wants to arm teachers so that there are more shootouts at schools. 

Of course, it's up to America, if they want guns, school shootings and mass murderer rampages and all, that's their decision. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

Dom, how can you look at your gun collection and not feel sick? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dom_Wren said:

People get killed with cars and vans. I drive a car and I don't want to give it up. People get stabbed to death. I have knives that I want to keep for working in the garden and eating my lunch.

I need a car to commute, to see family, to transport large items and to earn a living. I need knives to cut twine and steak and carpet.

Who needs guns? 

If I liked bombing stuff down the beach, and I was very sensible and grown up and responsible about blowing shit up that would be fine. But if legalising bombs meant 0.01% of bombers used them to blow up schools. I'd realise pretty quickly, I was part of a problem.

Because I don't need bombs, like people don't need guns.

Part of the solution, or part of the problem. It really genuinely is that simple with guns. I appreciate we'll disagree.

• Like 4

Â