Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

So a guy who used to hang around in some white supremacy site called Gab and who claimed "Jews are the children of satan" kills at least 8 people.

And the president thinks the solution would have been more guns and the death penalty.

And for those of you keeping tabs, this latest shooting brings the number of mass shootings in the US up to 294 this year.

Please God, why won't they learn that more people need more guns?

Not just one each, lots of different guns. In their cars, in their bedrooms, as a fun hobby and concealed in their y-fronts.

More guns for more people.

Or this shit will just continue.

I got pulled over driving in the US yesterday.  Was doing about 29mph in a 25mph zone in a sleepy Maine town.  I went to get out of the car like you normally would in the UK, and the cop's hand went straight to his gun, before shouting at me to stay in the vehicle.  Absolutely terrifying.  A brilliant country in so many ways, but just broken in others.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yep, had a similar bonkers experience. I was working in a canadian border town many moons ago, and to get a permit to go over into the US side I had to pop up to the guard and pay the $6 for a vacation permit. I only had $20 so was told to go back and come back with change. My error was getting change from a US store five yards behind the border line instead of the canadian post office. As I went back to the border person she had her gun trained on me and said any history on my passport record would see me banned from the states for making an illegal entry. This was in Vermont. **** barmy.  In Vermont's defence, I met a couple of other border guards on other days and they were absolutely sound and normal and would be friendly about any confusion, but that lady was just absurdly aggressive. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Risso said:

I got pulled over driving in the US yesterday.  Was doing about 29mph in a 25mph zone in a sleepy Maine town.  I went to get out of the car like you normally would in the UK, and the cop's hand went straight to his gun, before shouting at me to stay in the vehicle.  Absolutely terrifying.  A brilliant country in so many ways, but just broken in others.

How did you not know to stay in the car?

I won't even get out of the car in the UK these days unless they ask me to

52 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Not just one each, lots of different guns. In their cars, in their bedrooms, as a fun hobby and concealed in their y-fronts.

God is taking today off, apparently... do keep up.

17 minutes ago, Risso said:

Welcome to the club.

I was going through airport immigration a few years and while getting my visa inspected, the guy asked my to fill in the date on a form. So, I picked up the pen that was sticking up from his side of the counter right in front of me, filled in the date halfway and he commands "put that back", gun unclipped, half withdrawn from holster and finger on the trigger... bonkers.

Got pulled over in AZ speeding once. So I pull over, see the cop getting out of the car and open the glovebox to get my license and insurance. Have them in my hand, open my window and look out... poof, he was gone. Turned my head and he was the other side of the car, gun pulled... bonkers. 

See a cop. Simon says!

3 minutes ago, villakram said:

I was going through airport immigration a few years and while getting my visa inspected, the guy asked my to fill in the date on a form. So, I picked up the pen that was sticking up from his side of the counter right in front of me, filled in the date halfway and he commands "put that back", gun unclipped, half withdrawn from holster and finger on the trigger... bonkers.

Jeez, that IS mental ! All because of a pen !

I can't match that but whilst in a long queue at JFK immigration desk, I decided to turn on my phone to see if it had picked up a local network provider & who it was. As I'm mucking about with it, head down, a brash NY voice told me to turn it off immediately. That voice belonged to a janitor on his way past the queue, presumably to clean the toilets as he was wheeling his mop and bucket whilst walking.

Now, he may have been offering free advice, knowing that an official could walk by at any point & give me a rollocking, but it only made me wonder if they also arm the domestic staff at JFK too ?

To be honest, I think he enjoyed the fact that I jumped out of my skin, the git !

44 minutes ago, bickster said:

How did you not know to stay in the car?

I won't even get out of the car in the UK these days unless they ask me to

Believe it or not, getting pulled over in a Maine town doesn't happen to me everyday.  And I lived for the last 12 years in a place with no speed limits! :)

32 minutes ago, villakram said:

Got pulled over in AZ speeding once. So I pull over, see the cop getting out of the car and open the glovebox to get my license and insurance. Have them in my hand, open my window and look out... poof, he was gone. Turned my head and he was the other side of the car, gun pulled... bonkers. 

See a cop. Simon says!

20171122_125648.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

This shooter seemingly managed to shoot 4 policemen and didn't end up getting killed, how these morons think having one armed person inside would have saved everyone's life in a gunfight buggers belief.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Risso said:

Believe it or not, getting pulled over in a Maine town doesn't happen to me everyday.  And I lived for the last 12 years in a place with no speed limits! :)

But my point is, I’ve known from about the age of 12 that you don’t get out of your car when pulled by the cops in 'Murica

It must feature in every cop show and more regularly.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

This shooter seemingly managed to shoot 4 policemen and didn't end up getting killed, how these morons think having one armed person inside would have saved everyone's life in a gunfight buggers belief.

It's not one armed person.  It's everyone armed all the time, loaded weapons in their hands, covering everyone else in case they make a false move.  Like the end scene of The Good, The Bad And The Ugly, but with 250 million people instead of 3.  Yes, I can see that working nicely.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

They also need more thoughts and prayers.

Oh & Soros paid for the, wait, crisis actors, wait I'm lost which way is it the lefties fault?

• Like 1

Â