Gun violence in the USA

Marka Ragnos

23 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

Ok well let's ban all muslims from Europe aswell, just because few of them likes to kill little children, let's ban em all.

In isolation, that comment makes you look like a racist.

More so.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, colhint said:

I had a thought about a possible solution. As I understand it the second amendment says you have the right to bear  arms basically to protect against a loopy government.

So if one of the kids from the school shooting applies to build a nuclear bomb on the basis that he/she has the right to bear arms against the government and argues that the Government has them so citizens should have similar arms. Obviously it'll be kicked out, but if they go as far as the supreme court , the court has to decide if she has the right to bear arms or not. Or at least look at the amendment.

From memory that point was made quite well in Michael Moore’s documentary ‘Bowling for Columbine’. 

That film came out 16 years ago and not a lot has changed since. 

On 20/05/2018 at 06:06, Dom_Wren said:

I 100% disagree that as a law abiding gun owning citizen that I am 1.) part of any problem. 2) condone gun violence. 

I wouldn't be so personal as to say YOU are part of the problem.

But the fact that you are law abiding, and are still allowed to own a gun, absolutely is part of the problem.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

From memory that point was made quite well in Michael Moore’s documentary ‘Bowling for Columbine’. 

That film came out 16 years ago and not a lot has changed since. 

I guess it would need to be a billionaire who might technically be able to afford to do it (build a nuke) for it to get any kind of traction. Interesting point though.

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

I guess it would need to be a billionaire who might technically be able to afford to do it (build a nuke) for it to get any kind of traction. Interesting point though.

Yes, I think it only really works as a thought experiment though rather than something that could actually be tested. Even with a whole countries resources behind them a number of countries have struggled to build a nuke.

6 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Yes, I think it only really works as a thought experiment though rather than something that could actually be tested. Even with a whole countries resources behind them a number of countries have struggled to build a nuke.

Yeah I agree, but they wouldn't actually have to even attempt it. They'd just seek clarification from the state they could progress with the idea which would spark the debate.  

On 20/05/2018 at 06:06, Dom_Wren said:

I 100% disagree that as a law abiding gun owning citizen that I am 1.) part of any problem. 2) condone gun violence. 

I havent blamed anything on anyone. 

As a teacher I’ve aready voiced my absolute  opposition to arming teachers. 

What do you need your guns for?  Genuinely curious why you're so against giving them up/banning guns etc.

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

What do you need your guns for?  Genuinely curious why you're so against giving them up/banning guns etc.

jim jeffries

"i like guns"

still a better reason that "the bad men have guns" or "overthrow the army" which with almost irony they celebrate every day as being the greatest army assembled the world has ever seen...but if they step out of line gary from iowa is going to march to washington with his carbine and sort them out

I both love and hate "go fund me" pages.

It's really good, a lot of good comes from it.. But there's something about it which makes me think it's so bad, that people feel they have to get money by doing it.. 

I can't pin point, it's not begging, it's not the money, it's not the asking for money, but there's something about it which feels wrong. 

That above is absolutely tragic though.. :( 

Â