Adama Traore

mwj

I think he may have learnt how to pass a football at La Masia, they're generally quite successful at that.  There are likely to be several reasons why he hasn't quite done it so far with us.

Well if you look back when he was first mentioned, his lack of passing was heavily criticised in Barca B team. Probably a reason he is now playing for us and not Barca

• Like 1

100k a week will be pretty much average in a season or two once the new TV deal kicks in.

Assuming your club is in the Premier League of course.  

Amazing that this controversial contract has leaked soon after Sherwood is sacked. Truly amazing.

Im sure it was reported before the Swansea game. On the way to villa park my brother told me that if Adama meets certain criteria this season he becomes our highest paid player. And I know he's not ITK

If that's the case then I retract the implication that Sherwood is a bitter leaky scattergob :)

He basically made a comment after the Swansea game about how he can't do much by being given 5mins.

He is not wrong, but you have to earn your minutes instead of demanding them. With that being said, not sure how Agbonlahor has earned any minutes in the last 3 seasons. That'd make me mad to see him starting consistently and playing terribly if I was not being given a fair crack. 

He's been (mis)managed by a pair of idiots. I'm sure now we'll get to see what he's made of.

So if Garde doesn't select him as well does that make 3 idiots?

His omission wasn't the whole sum of their idiocy.

I'd like to see him at least on the bench though.

He basically made a comment after the Swansea game about how he can't do much by being given 5mins.

Interesting, I haven't seen that comment but might explain his exclusion.

I think his omission from the last two to being Mac not being fond of him from a couple of reserve games he played.

I saw enough in the cameo at Palace that this is a player with a bit of fine tuning can impact on and swing games for us to really hope he gets a good chance now.

I would just let him loose tbh.  Play him against City, he may just produce something out of this world when we aren't really expecting much from the game.  From those YouTube videos before he signed what stood out for me as well as his raw talent was the fact that he did some impressive defensive work.  He's got the physique and engine to the defensive side as well as the attacking side, and would have been taught the pressing game at Barca.

• Like 2

I would just let him loose tbh.  Play him against City, he may just produce something out of this world when we aren't really expecting much from the game.  From those YouTube videos before he signed what stood out for me as well as his raw talent was the fact that he did some impressive defensive work.  He's got the physique and engine to the defensive side as well as the attacking side, and would have been taught the pressing game at Barca.

For me he has been unlucky, they brought his on against a strong chelsea side losing 2-0 he didnt perform well but Jesus its chelsea away from home 2-0 down.

Terrible management in my view. He should ahve featured more in the games like stoke, west brom. The home games when the fans would be with him

we need a manager who can grow a pair and take risks.

look at Ayew, looked awful to start with, but after a run of games he's got better and better and is now our best attacker

the same needs to happen with Traore and Vertout. Let them fail, let them learn from the failures and get better.

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 2

we need a manager who can grow a pair and take risks.

look at Ayew, looked awful to start with, but after a run of games he's got better and better and is now our best attacker

the same needs to happen with Traore and Vertout. Let them fail, let them learn from the failures and get better.

Far too simplistic and, further, let's not continue to fail.

We need to get out of the mess we're in and we need players who are "ready" to achieve that.  Traore is incredibly raw and doesn't seem to like passing.  Let's work on it in training and get him to a point where he can integrate nicely rather than playing him for the sake of it until he "learns".

• Like 1

Traore to me seems like he has bags of potential, knows it and is a bit of a tit about it

He's no Balotelli, not sure where you guessed that up from. For me, he Just needs some quality coaching, something I believe he hasn't had here yet. Sherwood just seemed to throw him into a game with no real plan. I can imagine Sherwood didn't take alot of notice of him in training and just looked after who he believed were the frist teamers.

Â