Adama Traore

mwj

Only a knock on the ankle apparently in training, nothing serious #ITKBanter

Makes me think Sherwood makes excuses for players not to play them. Gil was fit enough last week too, although Sherwood was saying he was carrying a knock?

Makes me think Sherwood makes excuses for players not to play them. Gil was fit enough last week too, although Sherwood was saying he was carrying a knock?

Gil and Grealish didn't have a proper pre season and Traore keeps getting knocks. All 3 haven't been properly fit yet

One of the most ridiculous things I have read in a while. The manager lies that players are injured, in this case a player he signed, as an excuse for not picking them. You really think if this was going on, as you have also stated it happened with Gil, that the players themselves wouldn't leak something to state they were fine.

We've had a poor start to the season and criticize the manager all you like for that but don't let yourself down by posting this kind of conspiracy crap.

Sherwood needs all the help he can get. If Traore was even close to 100% fit he would be playing him.

Anyway I'm off to Villa Park to back the players who are fit to get three points and hopefully lesson the likelihood of reading this kind of shite on here when I get back.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 4

We have three, what I would call, luxury players at the moment in Traore, Gil and Grealish. Three players with bags of talent but limited graft. These players are hard to find but even the best teams struggle to accommodate them individually, never mind all three. The problem with these players is it's like playing with ten men for a majority of the match and hoping that, if they feel like it today, they may spark to life for 15mins and singlehandly swing the game in our favour. That's fine if you can go toe to toe with the opposition whilst they amble around uninterested but a big problem if every game is a battle to hold on like we have at the moment.

There's definitely an argument to play one of them. Grealish has the most scope to add graft to his game so is probably the obvious starter. Traore is probably the most talented but will never add graft due to that arrogant side that makes him lively, so unfortunately he has to be a sub until Villa improve.

It's a very annoying set of circumstances, but I fear that we have Traore at the wrong time. Have him during the MON years and we could afford to develop and witness his genius, but having him now is a luxury we can't afford - this season, at absolute best, is going to be about scraping and fighting for points and we can't afford any passengers. Traore is basically too good for us and knows it. We'd all love to see all three playing but realistically it makes us far too lightweight, far too gungho, and in this division you'll be slaughtered nine times out of ten for such 'bravery'.

eloquently put......and 110% spot on.

Gil is one of our hardest workers and tracks back tonnes.

So lazy to think that because he's skilful, he's a luxury. Absolute shite thinking too.

So no, not '110% spot on'.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

We have three, what I would call, luxury players at the moment in Traore, Gil and Grealish. Three players with bags of talent but limited graft. These players are hard to find but even the best teams struggle to accommodate them individually, never mind all three. The problem with these players is it's like playing with ten men for a majority of the match and hoping that, if they feel like it today, they may spark to life for 15mins and singlehandly swing the game in our favour. That's fine if you can go toe to toe with the opposition whilst they amble around uninterested but a big problem if every game is a battle to hold on like we have at the moment.

There's definitely an argument to play one of them. Grealish has the most scope to add graft to his game so is probably the obvious starter. Traore is probably the most talented but will never add graft due to that arrogant side that makes him lively, so unfortunately he has to be a sub until Villa improve.

It's a very annoying set of circumstances, but I fear that we have Traore at the wrong time. Have him during the MON years and we could afford to develop and witness his genius, but having him now is a luxury we can't afford - this season, at absolute best, is going to be about scraping and fighting for points and we can't afford any passengers. Traore is basically too good for us and knows it. We'd all love to see all three playing but realistically it makes us far too lightweight, far too gungho, and in this division you'll be slaughtered nine times out of ten for such 'bravery'.

eloquently put......and 110% spot on.

Definitely not too good for us at the moment. Perhaps in the future, but he has a lot to learn to get to that point. And I do not think he thinks he is too good for us, he only knows one way to play at the moment. A scary sub, but not a starter.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So lazy to think that because he's skilful, he's a luxury. Absolute shite thinking too.

111, then:)

111, then:)

I too want him in the team, but he is still "light" in his play, he is not a scrapper, is what is being said.

Probably get greeted with a  resounding "hell no" but coud he be converted to a CF , in the Atkinson type mould ...he's a big bloke and clearly quick and playing him through the centre means he can be more head down and charging at the donkey CB's instead of trying to beat FB's and be expected to put a cross in ....

Probably get greeted with a  resounding "hell no" but coud he be converted to a CF , in the Atkinson type mould ...he's a big bloke and clearly quick and playing him through the centre means he can be more head down and charging at the donkey CB's instead of trying to beat FB's and be expected to put a cross in ....

you make him sound like Gabby ;)

you make him sound like Gabby ;)

funnily enough i had that thought just after I posted it  .... but CF Gabby under MON was more effective than wide man gabby chasing back defending that every manager since seems to think he is

Â