Adama Traore

mwj

In order to get the best out of this guy we need to play proper counter attacking football unfortunatly as a team we are no where near enough disciplined for it to work. Chelsea showed his limitations the other day and handled him with ease he looks like he isn't a crosser of the ball so playing gestede in the middle with him on the wing is counter productive. I'd love to see him work on running the byline with someone like ayew in the middle trying to slot them in. 

In order to get the best out of this guy we need to play proper counter attacking football unfortunatly as a team we are no where near enough disciplined for it to work. Chelsea showed his limitations the other day and handled him with ease he looks like he isn't a crosser of the ball so playing gestede in the middle with him on the wing is counter productive. I'd love to see him work on running the byline with someone like ayew in the middle trying to slot them in. 

Not sure that in bold is entirely true.

He comes from the Barca academy and they play anything but counter attack football although this is of course a different league.

I agree with the rest thou as I've wrote earlier in the thread he's not used to crossing to a target man and won't get the best out of him nor Gestede.

Just like you say I'd like us to play with Ayew up top and Adama/Gil/Grealish behind playing with pace and passing it on the ground

Telegraph reporting his wage will go up to about £75k per week when he makes a set number of appearances this season.

Hopefully under a new manager we'll start to get some benefit for this huge outlay - he certainly looks to have the talent.

thats insane for a player with very little first team experience 

75k, well now we know why he joined us if that's true...thanks for letting us know Tim.

He's an exciting player but he's not done anything to suggest he's worth those wages to us, as pleased as I am to have him at VP in our position that's a lot of money that could have been used to bring in a good forward which we are missing.

• Like 1

It doesn't sound that bad a deal to me, depending on how many matches it is of course.  If it's say 30, them you'd think he'd have had played close to his potential which I think is huge, plus stayed fit, and he'd be one of our best players.  I doubt we'd be in the bottom 3 either.

• Like 1

Amazing that this controversial contract has leaked soon after Sherwood is sacked. Truly amazing.

Im sure it was reported before the Swansea game. On the way to villa park my brother told me that if Adama meets certain criteria this season he becomes our highest paid player. And I know he's not ITK

Like all of our new players it will be nice to see how this guy performs when he is playing under a manager as apposed to a complete fraud. The new man might actually be able to set the team up to use Traore's undoubted talent rather than just pulling names for the teamsheet out of a mystery box.

Â