Adama Traore

mwj

it our current set up id try him up front, gestede isnt working, we need a strong runner up top, gil and grealish looking to thread balls through

could play him off Gestede, be like Gabby and Carew part 2

• Like 1

Didn't I get slated on here weeks ago for suggesting Gil, Jack and Traore in the same team is what we need? Even playing all three behind gestede would be better than we've seen recently, but traore up front - never thought of that.

I actually think thats not a bad shout. Play adama up top with rudy. he will get penalities thats for sure. my only concern is rudy is like a tortoise he would never keep up with adama when he runs with the ball to get it forward.

i definitely think we need another striker

• Like 1

playing rudy and adama at front would be tragic. Possession stats would be so bad. Posession in final third would probably become the worst in the league. And allowing oppo CM's all the time in the world on the ball. 

Adama in the starting 11 is bad for the team overall (currently)

Edited by gharperr

playing rudy and adama at front would be tragic. Possession stats would be so bad. Posession in final third would probably become the worst in the league. And allowing oppo CM's all the time in the world on the ball. 

I think you can only make that assumption once he actually starts games. He hasnt started a league game yet, if my memory serves me correctly only started against Notts County. Adama needs to start a home game in my view. Fans are behind him so I think we will see great things from him. I don't think you can play him, Gil and Grealish in same side though. Has to be two of three

I think you can only make that assumption once he actually starts games. He hasnt started a league game yet, if my memory serves me correctly only started against Notts County. Adama needs to start a home game in my view. Fans are behind him so I think we will see great things from him. I don't think you can play him, Gil and Grealish in same side though. Has to be two of three

Traore is not smart enough yet to displace either Gil or Grealish. Was totally ineffective when he came on on Saturday.

Traore is not smart enough yet to displace either Gil or Grealish. Was totally ineffective when he came on on Saturday.

Yes but sort of impact do you expect him to do against at the champions at their home ground 2-0 losing? you need to judge him on games like swanse at home in my view

There are a fair few attacking combinations we are yet to exhaust, but until we have a defence that aren't scholars in clown college then any attempts to win games will be pointless.

Why haven't we tried this mythical flat back three with wing backs that we've been twonkering on about for months now?

---------------- Bunn

Clark, Lescott, Richards

Hutton -------------------------- Amavi

---------- Vertout ------ Sanchez

Ayew ---------- Gil ---------- Grealish

------------------ Gestede ---------------

would the above work?

There are a fair few attacking combinations we are yet to exhaust, but until we have a defence that aren't scholars in clown college then any attempts to win games will be pointless.

Why haven't we tried this mythical flat back three with wing backs that we've been twonkering on about for months now?

---------------- Bunn

Clark, Lescott, Richards

would the above work?

If we could play 12 players we might stay up yeah

Yes but sort of impact do you expect him to do against at the champions at their home ground 2-0 losing? you need to judge him on games like swanse at home in my view

The last time he played he was the same. Basically no end product. He undoubtedly has talent, and I think, and hope, that he will become a very good player. But he still has a lot to learn.

Didn't I get slated on here weeks ago for suggesting Gil, Jack and Traore in the same team is what we need? Even playing all three behind gestede would be better than we've seen recently, but traore up front - never thought of that.

Sounds great in theory, but where would the goals come from. None of these players ever want to be in the box. When you play a 4-2-3-1, the players in the 3 need to be guys who want to get in the box and score goals (or 1-2 of them do anyway). To my mind even Chelsea have had that problem this year, not enough players other than Costa actually willing to get into the box.

Traore up front is just another way to squeeze our best players into the team. Has anyone seen anything about him to suggest he has goals in him? We would be better off playing Sinclair off Gestede.

---------------- Bunn

Clark, Lescott, Richards

would the above work?

we did try 3 at the back and it was awful! 

---------------- Bunn

Clark, Lescott, Richards

would the above work?

we did try 3 at the back and it was awful! 

I think we would struggle to get away with 12 players as well! Although it would help us get a result maybe.

I don't think Traore up front would work, possibly playing behind Gestede would offer opportunities for him to run at the centre backs and also force the opposition defence a bit deeper, which would help Gestede.

I'm not sure I would be rearranging the team on account of him just yet though.

Â