Adama Traore

mwj

I think he deserves to be part of the squad at least. Considering that Zoggy didn't put in one of his shifty performances this sunday, this might not happen though.

I think we will see quite a lot of Nzogbia under Garde

I don't mind that just as long as he doesn't get given a new contract on the back of a handful of decent performances!

On those wages? Heaven's hell no.

I doubt he would get that again although I think his last contract had some kind of % increase clause in it IIRC so it went up I dont think he started on £65k per week

Well he's not in the Mali's squad to play Botswana in their World Cup Qualifier on Saturday.

I don't think he's ever played for them since switching allegiance from Spain.  

Hope he changes his mind, we really don't need losing player when there is the African Cup, and it will be much harder for him to make the squad for Spain than for Mali. 

I want as few players on international duty as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Appearing to be a complete waste of money. I understand he's very raw and rough around the edges, but he cost us a decent amount money, the sort of money that could have bought in someone who can make more of an immediate impact. 

What on earth were we thinking last summer? 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

I can only imagine the club are scared of paying his wages if it's true that they are set to increase. We are talking about a player that has actually appeared for the Barcelona first team, and scored. He is more than good enough, especially when you see the pile of shite that start for us week in week out. 

I don't believe it the wages thing...surely the club aren't that idiotic to save a few relative pennies. I know sherwood said something about players not being able to last 20 minutes and whilst making an indirect reference to Adama. But not even on the bench? 

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 1

Crazy that we paid £7mil for him (they have a buyback) and he hasn't made first team at Barcelona .. And can't get a look in here whether that's down to attitude, homesickness or not being a team player.. Who know's?

And Everton paid £3mil for Deulofeu (also have a buyback) and he has been tearing the league up all season already has around 6/7 assists

I know which one Barcelona will buy back.
Other teams seem to do much better business than ourselves.
Edited by Villan4Life

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Appearing to be a complete waste of money. I understand he's very raw and rough around the edges, but he cost us a decent amount money, the sort of money that could have bought in someone who can make more of an immediate impact. 

What on earth were we thinking last summer? 

the word thinking and aston villa doesnt happen the club from top to bottom is full of clueless rocket polishers who know sweet **** all and are completely out of their depth we are our own worst enemy 

3 hours ago, Villan4Life said:

Crazy that we paid £7mil for him (they have a buyback) and he hasn't made first team at Barcelona .. And can't get a look in here whether that's down to attitude, homesickness or not being a team player.. Who know's?

And Everton paid £3mil for Deulofeu (also have a buyback) and he has been tearing the league up all season already has around 6/7 assists

I know which one Barcelona will buy back.
Other teams seem to do much better business than ourselves.

Unfair comparison to make in my eyes. This is Deulofeu's 2nd season in English football and 3rd consecutive season of regular first team football. Give the boy chance to adjust to English football, get his fitness up to speed, and have a run of games then he can be judged fairly.

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

He's taking the piss at training and not participating properly.

Remi trying to get him going because we could do with the couple of blinders he probably plays a season.

He is an absolute tool by all accounts. A johnny big bollocks who thinks he is to good to be here 

Â