Adama Traore

mwj

we need a manager who can grow a pair and take risks.

look at Ayew, looked awful to start with, but after a run of games he's got better and better and is now our best attacker

the same needs to happen with Traore and Vertout. Let them fail, let them learn from the failures and get better.

Far too simplistic and, further, let's not continue to fail.

We need to get out of the mess we're in and we need players who are "ready" to achieve that.  Traore is incredibly raw and doesn't seem to like passing.  Let's work on it in training and get him to a point where he can integrate nicely rather than playing him for the sake of it until he "learns".

So more of Richardson, Gabby, Bacuna and Sinclair then?

look at Ayew, looked awful to start with, but after a run of games he's got better and better and is now our best attacker

the same needs to happen with Traore and Vertout. Let them fail, let them learn from the failures and get better.

We need to get out of the mess we're in and we need players who are "ready" to achieve that.  Traore is incredibly raw and doesn't seem to like passing.  Let's work on it in training and get him to a point where he can integrate nicely rather than playing him for the sake of it until he "learns".

yep, flawless logic if the players we were playing every week weren't causing the mess we are in and the reality wasn't that some of the players we've brought in 'aren't ready.' Not sure how they are going to get ready on the training ground, you can only learn from getting out there on the pitch in a competitive premiership scenario.  

Your solution seems to be to leave players like Adama and Vertout on the sidelines while we continue to lose.  

I'd call that stupid rather than simplistic.

Not saying they should start either but they need more than ten minute cameos.

That's not really what he said . . . 

Which players are ready to achieve us wins then?

Because it sure as ain't the old guard.

I don't know. Right now it doesn't seem like any of them are. 

But I'm just not as enthused as everybody else about a guy who looked good for 20 minutes against Palace and 45 minutes against Notts Co and has done nothing else, most especially has shown no inclination to pass the ball to any of his teammates at any point. Maybe one day he'll rival Messi, but right now he's not going to take on all of the league's left backs on his own terms so I don't really see what he adds. I hope he proves me wrong, obviously, and I'm sure eventually he will do, but I've not seen enough to be impressed by yet. 

Given the fanfare that greeted his signing and subsequent events I am sure that Traore must be wondering if he made the right choice and despite his reputation feeling very low. If he is to ever show for us, a lot of work has to be done with guys like him. Many of this years imports must have been thinking that AVFC is a joke of a club. 

Really hope that Garde's reputation for engaging with young, talented players is true. Traore used properly could be amazing! 

• Like 1

The only reason he shouldn't be playing at the moment is that Gil should be playing right midfield. If Gil is moved inside, then right wing becomes a choice between Traore and Bacuna. To be honest, given that choice, we might as well give Traore a chance. FWIW I would have Sinclair, Gil and Traore as the 3 behind Ayew in the next game - with 2 holding players centrally - Sanchez and Gana preferably.

Edited by GeordieVillan

That's not really what he said . . . 

Which players are ready to achieve us wins then?

Because it sure as ain't the old guard.

I don't know. Right now it doesn't seem like any of them are. 

But I'm just not as enthused as everybody else about a guy who looked good for 20 minutes against Palace and 45 minutes against Notts Co and has done nothing else, most especially has shown no inclination to pass the ball to any of his teammates at any point. Maybe one day he'll rival Messi, but right now he's not going to take on all of the league's left backs on his own terms so I don't really see what he adds. I hope he proves me wrong, obviously, and I'm sure eventually he will do, but I've not seen enough to be impressed by yet. 

How many minutes has he had since God good 45 against Notts Co though?

The only reason he shouldn't be playing at the moment is that Gil should be playing right midfield. If Gil is moved inside, then right wing becomes a choice between Traore and Bacuna. To be honest, given that choice, we might as well give Traore a chance. FWIW I would have Sinclair, Gil and Traore as the 3 behind Ayew in the next game - with 2 holding players centrally - Sanchez and Gana preferably.

I think Gil needs to be down the centre with licence to roam Geordie. He is the one player we have totally composed when in possession of the ball and therefore needs to be where he can influence the game most. The calmness in tight areas he has will be priceless if used correctly.

With regards to Adama though, I think it's the same as with other players like Veretout and Ayew until recently. Unless they get decent game time they will struggle and adapting will take much longer. I agree with your attack as I would definitely like to see us with those 3 behind Ayew against city. Kompany and Co will just push on against Gestede as his pace is of no real concern. However put pace against them with Gil sliding balls down the channels and we may cause them real problems.

We can't afford to have that many out and out attacking players on the pitch. That's basically a 4-2-4 formation. Gil works hard enough but for all his magic he is soft as shit and you want him available to receive the ball, not constantly tracking runners and if you are asking Ayew to pay the lone centre forward role he can defend from the front, but you wont want him dropping too deep.

We need to try and grind. Adama and Sinclair in particular don't grind. Hence why, for me, Bacuna who is capable of sticking a foot in as well as scoring/creating goals out of absolutely nothing gets the nod over one of those. And on current form, it's over Adama.

That said, I'm still very interested and excited to see what Garde can make of Adama long term. He's got ridiculous amounts of ability. Let's start seeing him from the bench regularly at least perhaps?

• Like 2

This is the main problem with our squad - we don't score enough goals, but as soon as you try to introduce more attacking players, it leaves us wide open defensively!

Edited by GeordieVillan
Formatting has gone crazy!

I think part of the reason for his 'not passing' is that he's been desperate to show what he can do in such limited time.  Give him a bit longer - for me that's coming on round about an hour gone when people are tiring - and I think / hope he'd be more inclined to show an all round game.  See the change in Ayew over a couple of weeks.  Adama's looked such a perfect super-sub option it's been disappointing not to see more of him. 

So more of Richardson, Gabby, Bacuna and Sinclair then?

Do any of those players play in Traore's position?  Assuming Gabby and Sinclair do, then, yes.

I think part of the reason for his 'not passing' is that he's been desperate to show what he can do in such limited time.  Give him a bit longer - for me that's coming on round about an hour gone when people are tiring - and I think / hope he'd be more inclined to show an all round game.  See the change in Ayew over a couple of weeks.  Adama's looked such a perfect super-sub option it's been disappointing not to see more of him. 

How many minutes has he played for us?  Dont understand how people can judge him based off his limited appearances.  All i know is that he changed the game against Crystal Palace. 

How many minutes has he played for us?  Dont understand how people can judge him based off his limited appearances.  All i know is that he changed the game against Crystal Palace. 

Yup, we bought him on and lost

Yup, we bought him on and lost

No we brought him on and we were loosing.  When he was on the pitch we drew.

Â